VW Golf GTI??

DJ-S3

Reaction score
I was driving down the motoway the other day with my girlfriend and a mate, coming back from Newcastle. when some bright lights came up behind me, asked my mate to see what car it was and you can guess what he said, a golf gti, mk5. i was confused because lad that was driving it looked about 16 wi his lass in car who looked younger.

i thought i'd have a play with him to see how quick they are. unfortunately his car was unreal. dont know what he'd done to it but i couldn't leave him.

i pulled into the middle lane to see if he could pass me, and it was like i was standing still. 130 and he was driving past me. pulled away so fast. and i didn't even get to point where he wasn't pulling away anymore. he just kept going.

my s3's been remapped, and it still beats civic type r's. what must he have done to the car to make it so fast.

he slowed down to 60 and we started again. i felt like i was in my girlfriends 1.2 clio. gutted i was. ha

Its probably prudent to point out that this happened on a private airfield?!

i assuming you mean kph yea...! golf gtis get good power from remaps. mayb you should get yours on the diagnostics.

My Edition 30 Mk5 is 300bhp / 300 ft/lb with just a remap - I went out in a "well sorted" Edition 30 yesterday which was stage 2+ which is a fuel pump, turbo back system and stg2 map about 330 to 340+ bhp and loads more torque than mine. I get wheelspin off the throttle in 4th and sometimes 5th. My girlfriend has an Imola Yellow 1999 S3 - my edition 30 is soooooooo much faster - I mean night and day. My brother has a stg1 S3 2000 - and again the Edition 30 is way faster than that too.

Don't worry about it - horses for courses - down the twisties in the wet the other halfs 210 S3 would drop my 300bhp wheel spinning Edition 30 all day.

The thing is with these 'my S3 v a mini metro' threads is that the car could have some issues or the driver could be a race driver/OAP or he just isn't bothered with speeding fines.
My answer is go on a trackday and race legally.

The thing is with these 'my S3 v a mini metro' threads is that the car could have some issues or the driver could be a race driver/OAP or he just isn't bothered with speeding fines.
My answer is go on a trackday and race legally.

A guy at my work has a mapped ED30 GTI and its silly fast but not much fun as the wheels are always spinning and the ESP light is always flashing. You're going to get served at !30 as your little 1.8 engine will be out of puff. Also you must be crazy to be admitting to be doing those speeds on a public forum :asskicking: