S3 Mudflaps

nervus

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the A3 mudflaps fit an S3? The sills are a pain in the **** to get clean and front mudflaps might help keep em clean - i know it will look crap but it annoys me.

Yes I have a full set of mudflaps on my S3 fitted by the stealers, and they don't look Crap.

Yes, I had to remove the rear ones at the weekend, and they are shaped to fit the S3 rear bumper. The front ones also mould round the wing.

Thanks... You could always take some more piccies for us? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi there!

How much were the S3 mudflaps and are they easy to fit?

Ant

i was under the impression Audi never made them for the S3

certainly the A3 ones state they are not for S3...

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
i was under the impression Audi never made them for the S3

[/ QUOTE ]

These are pucka S3 Mudflaps bought and fitted from the dealers, I am not sure of the cost of fitting however. They are just screwed in to the inner plastic wheel arch trims, using small torx self tappers.
Hope these pictures help: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

FRONT ->

REAR ->

As you can see they are moulded around the S3 bodywork. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cool I think i will get some! With my car being ming blue it should blend in quite nicely! And they always make the car look lower for some reason!

Just been told of my dealers again that they are not reccommended for the S3, so ive ordered some A3 ones anyway £29.00 for the front pair.

Dealers are talking out their ar$e, I have never had a single problem with my mudflaps. I say go for it, you know it makes sense.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Haven't had any problems with mine either, no problems on full lock while turning.
Only thing I have a minor gripe about is that the rear flaps could be deeper.
The back of the S3 gets dirty very quickly in bad weather, and it seems to affect the parking sensors.

I felt the need to dig up this old post as I want some mudflaps for my S3.

I've enquired with Vagparts and they are unaware that mudflaps were available for the S3 but this post seems to suggest otherwise. Does anyone have any part numbers for mudflaps or any experience of trying to get hold of them for an S3?

Thanks all.

I used rear mud flaps from an A3 8L shape, little bit of squeezing the mudflap and it all bolts screws on fine :)

claudefrog said:
I used rear mud flaps from an A3 8L shape, little bit of squeezing the mudflap and it all bolts screws on fine :)

Do they fit around the bumper/arch ok? I had mudflaps on my 1.8T and IIRC they were quite a different shape. Have you got any pics?

i remember someone having problems with mudflaps on an S3, cant remember if it was reversing of full lock, or something liked that.... maybe it was a lowered car, i cant remember.

however, as people have fitted them without problems, it may be an isolated case.

excuse the phone pics, im in work, and its the best camera i have :)

IMG00178.jpg

IMG00177.jpg

Thanks Claude, they look like a pretty good fit. Do you have any problems with them in terms of full lock etc?

If I can't source any genuine S3 ones (if they even exist!) then I might have to go with the A3 ones.

no problems with scrubbing or anything on lock, i have about 3 screws holding then in, and 2 little clamps on the metal wing holding them in, i did not want to drill into the metal to fit self tappers, so used the universal clamps instead

I am lowered 30mm also.

Infact.. i did once get them scrubbed, I was going over a little ramp that was like this ^ and when the front wheels touched the ground, the mud flaps touched the ramp, however any mud flaps would have done that with the shape of the ramp i went over

My dealer said S3 mudflaps are not available, so we tried a set of front A3 ones, they didnt fit, there was a semi circle bit cut of them for the std a3 sideskirt shape to fit into.

So i tried the rear one and it worked fine

So you fit the standard A3 rear flaps to the front of the S3? and also to the rear of the S3?

Mud flaps! :faint:

I also feel bad I don't S3 in my name tag! :lazy:

S3Dan said:
So you fit the standard A3 rear flaps to the front of the S3? and also to the rear of the S3?
Yes, two pairs of A3 rears will sort out your S3. You need to make or buy an additional bracket for the front set to avoid drilling into the wing.

yeah i know i bumped it, but i searched s3 mud flaps and i found my self here

Not mudflap specific shots, but a couple I've got from several years ago with my old wheels on...

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

Nope, sorry I don't have a part number, however they are the only mudflaps you can get for 8L A3 rears. Were about £30 a pair when I bought them.

thanks for the pictures, they look pretty cool imo, What were they like to fit?

What were they like to fit?

Rears are easy - three self tapping screws into the wheel arch liner.
Fronts are more difficult - the lower two screws again can fit into the wheelarch lining. The top of the mudflap is more tricky as the self tapper would have to go into the wing itself which isn't a good idea. I made some small 'G clamp' style fixings to sandwich the mudflap to the lip on the wing.

To do this I bought some aluminium U channel from B&Q - approx 20mm square. Cut a 20mm length, drilled a hole in one side, tapped it (ie cut a thread in the hole) and fitted a small bolt. End up with a small clamp you can screw down and hold the mudflap to the wing lip without cutting any holes. Has worked fine for all the time I've had the mudflaps on my car.

I'm going to have me some of them to help keep the car a little cleaner.

apparently the a3 rear flaps fit the s3 rear bumpers & front wings

But you can't get them any more as Audi don't make them now went obselete.

Well I got on 2 Audi UK this week an they told me that there are 12 sets left -2 that iv'e just picked up so if looking at getting some I would get down there and order them.

Anyone else got any pictures of mud flaps on a s3. I'm thinking about a set of rally ones?

Rally ones only really work if you have a scooby or an Evo... not an S3....

<tuffty/>