Auf Wiedersehen A3

HotboxDeluxe

automatic
Reaction score
After over a year of Audi-ing, the day is upon us where I bid my trusty A3 farewell. A very good car, but not one I felt any emotion for, and I usually get attached to a good motah :ermm:

It's just not very exciting. It looks great, eats distances, is fairly nippy...so why don't I love it? Well, I'm first and foremost a petrolhead. The bus soundtrack doesn't do much for me. After a year of DSG I've grown to hate it. Boing boing lurch and boing. I can't get on with front-wheel drive either, IMO it's only good for Mini-type stuff.

The seats make my back hurt after 2 hours, being an S-Line it rides like a skateboard (but conversely, corners like a pedal boat) and when I open the window even a little bit it dumps a gallon of water on my leg. Cheers.

Like I said, decent car, glad I've had one...but, it's not for me. As of tomorrow evening I will be one of those BMW-driving tossers you all love so very much :haha:

Final pic whorage

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

HK_Sunday_Wan_Chai_Park_Playground_.jpg

And if I'm not welcome any more, tough s**t. I have plenty more rubbish analogies and old lady lovin' to share.

:friends:

Last edited:
..and good riddance to you as well... lol

Happy days mate. Loved reading all your criticism...

Upload some pics of the new mo'ah when you get it so we can all take the p1ss out of it. Just kidding bro'.

PS - Ever thought of investing in a swear box?

oh well !! Are you still gona come on here ?? What bmw are you getting ? post some pics when you get it..

I miss the laugh's and the sarcasm on here sometime's

It's just not very exciting. It looks great, eats distances, is fairly nippy...so why don't I love it? Well, I'm first and foremost a petrolhead. The bus soundtrack doesn't do much for me. After a year of DSG I've grown to hate it.

I kind of felt the same way about my a3 tdi s-line :S Its lacks passion i think and the lack of high revs make it dull but when it was mapped, like a bat out of hell !!

which beamer did you go for? we just bought a 06 325i MSport and im considering getting one next year?

*Missed Johnys post asking for which bmw before lol

Upload some pics of the new mo'ah when you get it so we can all take the p1ss out of it. Just kidding bro'.

PS - Ever thought of investing in a swear box?

I'd be disappointed if nobody took the p**s! :happy: There's no point in me getting a f*****g swear box, I couldn't afford to keep filling it up, and so far this key '*' has kept me out of trouble...:eyebrows:

oh well !! Are you still gona come on here ?? What bmw are you getting ? post some pics when you get it..

I miss the laugh's and the sarcasm on here sometime's

Yes mate I'm still visiting. The humour, and occasional good-natured potshots, make this site for me

I kind of felt the same way about my a3 tdi s-line :S Its lacks passion i think and the lack of high revs make it dull but when it was mapped, like a bat out of hell !!

which beamer did you go for? we just bought a 06 325i MSport and im considering getting one next year?

*Missed Johnys post asking for which bmw before lol

Shamsher's right...130i M sport 5 door, fully loaded with an AUTOMATIC box, straighty straighty sixy sixy, let the flaming commence!

:friends:

HBD, the move back to a silky smooth straight six, RWD and communicative steering is never going to be a bad move, so enjoy! I certainly miss the old girl for the engine and 'feel'. Not sure I would go back to the auto in the bimmer though - well until they stop it automatically changing up/down in S or M mode anyway. Still definatley a good option on the 'Bahn when you get stuck in a Stau and makes for relaxed cruising.

You better not stray too far either as yours and Ross Noble's brother AKA PaulAr's post are by far some of the funniest on here; get you two at it and I am splitting my sides - thinking shoes here! ;) A bit of balance is always refreshing on here as there actually is life beyond the four hoops. :p Get the pics up!

Cheers Reekie :thumbsup:

Meh, why would I leave...when I get this BMW I still won't have anything Audi-related to post, just like when I had an Audi!

It was a tough choice between auto and manual, but I went for auto because it's the daily 'horse, and I'm lazy. Plus I already have a 'fun' car to play with (Bavarian, again, 25 years old, very much a 3-pedaller) and auto feels much nicer to me when it's on a biggish engine. Cruise in comfort, and all that.

If Audi had pulled it's finger out of it's a**e and put the 5-pot in the S3, then I'd have been much less likely to leave the fold as it were. But, they didn't (will they ever :eyebrows:), the S5 SB is a few months off still, and the TTRS is 'out' for personal reasons...as was the Cayman.

260 bhp shoe-shaped rear-driver it is. And I'm only a little bit embarrassed to admit I've been making little engine noises to myself lately :wub:

I'm unlikely to leave the VAG stable altogether...the wife still needs a car!

Yeah, let us know how you get on.
Maybe a Youtube link to you doing car park donuts or something.

No rush for pics though.........:whistle2: