Headlights

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
i have HID on my S4 but the sidelighs are yellow compared to my HID's

where can i get good bulbs that will near enough match the bluey white main headlights?

i want it to look pretty much identical, is it hard to get it right or do they just come off the shelf? is there a certain power range i should be looking for?

i think 4500k are about the closest to standard m8, the higher you go the bluer they get,may be wrong though

im sure i have ordered from this guy before he states in us however they came from HK.

Yes, that's the guy. Took a couple of weeks to arrive, but who's ever in a rush for sidelights?

when you say "side" do you mean the tiny bulbs on the frst click of the switch or the dipped bulbs (next step full beam)?

buy some H7's from Autobulbs direct and they give you a pair of blue sides free.
they shine very white and match my HIDs

I don't like the colour of my side lights either..... need the bluey white colour to match up with xenons. Will either ones of the above mentioned be ok or will the ebay items be the better option?

heres the type blue thunder recommended on my car (except mine are 501 push in type not bayonet), tried a few that claimed to be xenon look but they where either to blue or not bright enough, but these are just right

03052009430-001.jpg

I've previously had Phillips blue (can't remember the actual name of them, but they were the 'good' ones) halogen bulbs in, but they were still noticeably much more yellow than the xenon beam.

The set I currently have fitted are by far the best out of the 4 different bulb sets i've tried.

i bought the PIAA ones make sure you check wether your a blade fitment or an H6, i bought nice cheap blades an they werent the fitment for my 'inbetween facelift s4' took a while to find these
http://www.motaman.co.uk/productDetails.aspx?nPId=767
look ace though

P1000596.jpg

bit blue still but they claim to be 6500k so thought i was playing safe...

Last edited:
Another vote for PIAA ones, last for ever. and the colour match is spot on.

Slightly dearer than some @ around £20 but fit and forget.

£20 for sidelight bulbs?

yarp, but then they are a nice match for HIDs and last pretty much a lifetime.

Some of the cheaper options mean you are changing on a regular basis, sod that !!! LOL