A4 Cabrio autochanger compatable glovebox

mja4cab

Reaction score
Hi, can ayone help? Own a 2004 b6 cabrio without cd multi-changer as standard,purchased a new 6 disc glovebox multi-changer off ebay and having problems regarding fitting,contacted audi parts and told that i need to change the whole glovebox (£165) and was a special order part,when glovebox arrived it was just the same as mine already in the car??????????? Audi will not take it back for a refund as they say it was a special order, and given no help whatsoever......:banghead: Can anybody tell me the difference in the two gloveboxs please?
Regards Mark.

Under UK consumer law, the Audi garage, must take it back, it does not matter if it was special order (think its a load of rubbish they are talking) Threaten to contact the Head oofice in Milton Keynes to see if they buck thier idea up.

Regarding the fitting of the CD changer, could you please take a photo of your exisiting glovebox, and also the back of the CD changer. This will help to see the best way of fitting it.

Current glovebox should be 8H2 857 035 B
CD changer glovebox should be 8H2 857 035 C

Check that the box is marked correctly and then check the contents, I have had this happen to me, right box, wrong part. My parts dept has swapped it no problems.

They do get very tetchy about special orders as they cannot return them to the warehouse. But if they fecked up with the wrong part number or wrong item in the box then they should honour a replacement.

Have now had a full refund from audi and i am having my glovebox adapted to fit the auto-changer. Their **** up..........:yes: