Dumping with no dump valve

con1.8t

Reaction score
OK i had a stage 1 cc remap done just under a year ago but after about 3 month my clutch started to slip then summer came n the bike (real power )came out and i only got a new one the other month .Since then every time i change gear i can hear what i can only say sounds like a dump valve only not as loud .now I'm quite sure it didn't do this before or even in the 3 months after the remap but i can definitely hear it now. is this normal after a remap or has something gone wrong.

ps I'm just back from me mates 38th birthday pi*s up so i hope this makes some sort of sence .

pps a good tip for ya all half a pint of strong lager n half a pint of stones ginger wine tastes like shandy but don't half get ya drunk ....I'm only having 4 ov em next time :wtf::wtf:

haha, sounds like you had a fun night!

The noise you describe is 100% normal. whilst the car doesn't have a dump valve, it still has a diverter valve, or recirc valve. this works in exactly the same way as a dump valve, but instead of venting to atmosphere, it vents back into the inlet side of the system, between the turbo and the MAF.

As standard you can't really hear this at all, but with the increased boost of a remap, it's often heard, and very much more so if you change the air filter!

I had the same thing with my Superchips remap and standard DV. It made a light whoosh noise. I was told it was broke and to buy a new one so i opted for the Forge 007p. I could feel quite a bit of lag on the standard one after changing gears and could tell it was naff! It's so much better with the new one! Huge difference and definitely recommend you to change it mate. Get a Green Cotton panel filter too ;)

thanks for the info guys .

yup I think you can say I was a tad drunk last night. My god do i feel bad today :puke::puke: .I must remember I'm not 21 any more :keule: