Haldex oil & filter change - when due?

Fireyjack

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2005 Audi A4 2.0t FSi quattro with 34,000 miles on the clock.

There is no record in the service book of a Haldex oil & filter change. Is this because one hasn't been done yet?

Does anyone know what the recommended time / mileage to have this done?

Many thanks,

Tim.

It doesnt have a haldex coupling mate, thats only on the S3. There is no oil change required on yours.

I'm pretty sure the quattro system needs a fliter & oil change - at some stage?

Tim.

Great! I'm a happy man. Less expense.

Maybe I'm just a total bafoon.......but, after the 30k service I was asked if it needed a change by the garage. I've postponed - cause I had no idea! Was I being duped?

Tim.

Looking that way mate yes.... Sad to say it but times are hard, and my garage tried pulling a fast one a few weeks back. I shan't be going there again!

Much appreciated. This site is a real eye-opener.

Thanks for the great advice!

Thanks,

Tim.

Check your service book, all the info is in the front. The garage tried to charge me for a cambelt change on mine, even though it's chain driven!!!! If it's not a garage you know and trust make sure you double check everything.

I have full Audi service history on my A4. Checked the service book 'n' all. Nothing specifically there.

Must admit I'm hacked off, but at least I've not been ripped off.
Thought I trusted the garage - but not now.

Having a VW Golf 2.8 4motion previously - I just made an assumption it was needed on my A4. Please don't tell me I got ripped off on the VW!!!!

Tim.

In my s4 service book it says the rear diff oil needs changing at 60'000, I changed mine at 50 odd along with the gearbox oil and engine oil for piece of mind. May be different on yours as its B7 not 6 and not an 'S' but I thought the quattro system would be the same across the range?

Ryan

In my s4 service book it says the rear diff oil needs changing at 60'000, I changed mine at 50 odd along with the gearbox oil and engine oil for piece of mind. May be different on yours as its B7 not 6 and not an 'S' but I thought the quattro system would be the same across the range?

Ryan

I've just gone through the service book and there is no mention of rear diff oil change/top up required on my B7. The only additional work mentioned outside of the normal service schedule is the brake fluid change. As mentioned before, only A3's have the haldex coupling. Mine has full main dealer history and in 80k miles it hasn't had the 4wd system/oil touched so that's a pretty good indication.

I have full Audi service history on my A4. Checked the service book 'n' all. Nothing specifically there.

Must admit I'm hacked off, but at least I've not been ripped off.
Thought I trusted the garage - but not now.

Having a VW Golf 2.8 4motion previously - I just made an assumption it was needed on my A4. Please don't tell me I got ripped off on the VW!!!!

Tim.

Not 100% sure about the 4 Motion set up, but it's basically the same car as an A3, and I know it does have the haldex system....

Not sure if VW recommend an oil change on the system, they may do, they may not. But the key things are, you paid for it, it got done, and you were happy with it at the time - let it go...

Not 100% sure about the 4 Motion set up, but it's basically the same car as an A3, and I know it does have the haldex system....

Not sure if VW recommend an oil change on the system, they may do, they may not. But the key things are, you paid for it, it got done, and you were happy with it at the time - let it go...

I like your style Welly, lol.

I believe the gearbox oil doesnt need changing as its a sealed unit.