Abnormal Tyre Wear

gradymanu

Reaction score
I have an Audi TT 2002 quattro. After only 15,000 miles on a set of new tires, they have worn bald. And on each wheel, the tire has worn most on the inside. Each wheel! Is this a common problem on these cars? What is the likely repair that would be required, and how much does it cost? Would you trust anyone else (or any one BUT) an Audi dealer to do this repair?

I have an 02 S3 and it does the same but after I did a search on here I found it happens to most people.I have upgraded my suspension and altered the geometry so it is less obvious now and also I change the tyres about from front to rear.
Hello and Welcome to the site BTW ;)

Hi voor. Any places you know of where i can get my hands on those geometry settings? i have a 2wd 99 model that does exactly the same thing. ive got a shop that can do the work but id like to be able to give them the settings. regards jj

My TTS averages about 10K on tyres, am a high mileage driver .. car new July 2008 ... 750 + per week... now at 42K ... so an expensive habit but TTS very very sensitive to worn tyres [still grips but handles horribly when tyres worn!]. Still refit original factory spec .... anyone with idea's to better geometry or tyres that last longer welcomed !