Power Loss

Kingston

Reaction score
Ok guys need some help i have a few ideas of my own but just wondered.
Right my car runs great I'll be booting it along Turbo perfect plenty of Torque and speed etc then all of a sudden i'll have power loss. Its like the Turbo isn't doing anything yet I can still here it Spool up and the re-circulating valve dumping it back into the air filter.
I can be driving down the motorway acceleration is there etc and then without warning it's like the car has lost it acceleration ability and seems like a non turbo which then takes forever to speed up.

I thought:
A, recirculating valve,
B, split Turbo hose,
C, Compressor wheel in Turbo,
D, Maf

Any ideas would be great
Cheers

No one near?? really need to start there with any fault codes etc... sounds like limp mode...

Any lights on the dash when it happens?

<tuffty/>

No one near?? really need to start there with any fault codes etc... sounds like limp mode...

Any lights on the dash when it happens?

<tuffty/>

No lights on or anything. Started just before it went in for mot. Been checked on computer no fault codes. Strange. They said it may be Recirculator valve not holding the pressure.

You really need to scan it with vagcom. No point in throwing parts at it.
With that many mods on your car I'd of thought investing in Vagcom would be a wise move.
I got a cable/software from this lot, & it's been problem free. http://www.vagproducts.co.uk/products.html
I registered it with Ross Tech as a 3rd party interface, & it does most of the things that the full version does.

sorry to be numb whats that
it is the boost control valve so if its playing up could cause the turbo to only boost actuator pressure id expect some form of code from it though.. as said you really need vag.com

I'm local to you kingston, got a spare n75 too, let me know if you want it scanning bud
Sound mate think i will. Just been on M65 how slow is the car so depressed. The turbo is spooling up but is lot louder than before and sounds like it right in front of me whilst driving. I'm thinking split pipe? what ya reckon. Thanks

Found it .............. My hose going from the Recirculating valve was split in 3 places so the turbo was sucking fresh air. Cut the hose and now it too small so trying to get silicone replacement asap