TDi Oil Change at 5k?

chrisash32

Reaction score
Happy Christmas All!
Hope your all having a good day :)

Quick one regarding TDi Oil changes.. I was once advised that to get the best out of my TDi and longer running life from the engine, to replace the oil every 5k.. Is there some truth in this? will it help the engine and reduce wear in the long run?

Thanks
Chris

yes I agree, I always change the oil and filters at 3-5 k on any car, it also helps (with cost) if you only do about 5k miles a year like me.! but even so a filter and oil change costs very little, (if you do it yourself) so why not, it wont do any harm to your engine at all and of course will prevent the dreaded sludge build up.

I do about 30k a year so it would be a frequent thing..
I actually just got myself an Oil Extractor to do it with as well... so i can do it between the garage 10k service.

Cheers
Chris

I actually just got myself an Oil Extractor to do it with as well... so i can do it between the garage 10k service.

Cheers
Chris

sorry for going off topic

chrisash32 your Oil extractor tell me more about it as i am looking to get one but i am not sure

from where ?
Price?
Type?

thanx

Cheers
Chris

If you're doing that sort of mileage there's no point in 5k oil changes. You'll be changing oil more than filling the tank up!!

If you want to be a bit more OCD with your changes then I'd say 10-11k is a bit more sensible.

Use the correct VAG spec and the inside of your engine will be cleaner than your diesel tank!!! :thumbsup: