Audi Concert Cd Player won't switch on

coldashbin1

Reaction score
OK - while jump starting my 2004 A4 B6 the other night, did a silly thing and accidentally crossed the jump leads on the terminals causing sparking and smoke around my battery.
Once I realised and corrected, the car started OK, everything else works electrically, except the Radio, a Concert single CD edition, will not power on.
I checked the fuse box, fuse here is OK, is it likely I've blown the fuse on the rear of the radio unit itself, or fused the whole stereo unit?
I can't check this fuse on the rear of the radio at the moment as I do not have the removal tools.
Thanks!

Yes chances are you've blown the fuse on the back of the unit as it's only 5amp and will always blow before the fusebox protection. Just be very gentle when removing the HU, do not force anything as th spring clips are very fragile and it's real easy to jam them and then removal is very tricky. Insert the keys with the angled sides facing each other and remove the glovebox and push the unit from behind. DO NOT pull on the keys themselves.