Window down and won't come up!!

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, left for work this morning and it was pretty icy, I had all the blowers going and decided to put the windows down to clear them. Bad idea it went half way down and wouldnt come up!!!! I've read the guide with the broken clips but they all say they can get their window back up by forcing it and clicking the switch, but mine won't budge. It will however still go down which doesn't help the matter as it's almost fully open now! :(

Does mine sound like the clips broken? I've had the card off before, but taking the frame off looks tricky!

Thanks guys

Allan

make sure the window is the same distance from the top all along and not skew whiff,I've known the same symptoms as broken clip but it was a dent in the metal inside pushing the glass making the safety mechanism to kick in and make it return back down.

Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna take the door card off on my lunchbreak and see if I can work out the problem. Seems it is truely stuck in it's position, tried with a m8 to force it up whilst the other person clicks the switch but no luck. I'll post back when I've had a look.

doesn't sound like clips anyway because when mine went before and the window went down you could lift up the window yourself and then flick the window switch and that would keep it closed till it was fixed

I've sorted it, wahoo!!! Not sure what fixed it but I removed door card and gave the window motor a good bang, then disconnected the window switch, when I plugged it back in it started working again. ****** Audi!!!

Could have frozen open like my door did the other week, wasnt good.