GEAR BOX !!!

mark.colledge

Reaction score
alreeet.

anyone elses gearbox seem to die? i was out driving and me n me mates stoped. when it came to moving again my car wouldnt go in to gear. eventually i got it into gear 3 (not much help but it go me home). on my way home the other gears became active again apart from gear 1.

im going to contact audi tomorrow to arrange the repair on the car. anyone else think its the gearbox that is nackered?

could it be from all this stupid snow were experiencing up north?

cheers

mark

i have just had this problem last week. However i was unable to select reverse, 3rd, 5th and 6th. 1st gear was difficult to select too as the vehicle kept stalling. So i pulled away in second and thought i will just wack it in 6th and get home......

well i got onto the motorway and that was when i realised i couldnt select5th and 6th.

The RAC came out, removed the airbox and it was obvious that the gearbox casing had snapped. The gear linkage cables were all okay. The RAC man was hoping to just pop these back on. This wasnt the case.

Since my vehicle has been at the Audi dealership, they still havent looked at my car and this is now a week later.

What joy did you get?

Thanks for your time.

New User.... Lauren.

On my last car, a Bora, with the VAG 6 Speed ( O2M code I think) I had a similar problem ONCE. This occurred on one random occasion when my clutch pressure plate was on its last legs and my master cylinder have given up and been replaced. When the master cylinder failed on the motorway the recovery man was fiddling around with the linkage for ages, to no avail and then it had towed. Had the M.C replaced first in the knowledge id need a new clutch ( not bad for original at 105k miles with 25k on remap)

Then one time randomly after driving the car would not go into any EVEN gears. Just gears 1,3 and 5 only.
Drove the car 1 hr later and all was fine and it never happend again. Very random, but probly some temporary misaglignment in the linkage.

well my car was with audi for 3 weeks. they had to order a complete new gear box :(
unfortunatly for me there was 4 other cars in the audi workshop getting new gear boxes fitted. could have been a dogey batch mabie. anyway they had no more cars that they could have gave me so i was left car less for 3 weeks then i finnaly found out once it was done, it would take anougther week to get it delivered so i got a lift up there. now im back up there on tuesday to get my second window wiper motor fitted with in 4 months :)