LED rear lights......Hot? Or Not?

those are LED "Style".... not actual LED lights....

Not sure if they're quite the same as these:

vs

I've got orignal Hella ones available for sale if anybody is interested, <1 week's use, still in the box.... been meaning to put them up for ages!

They look really good on the new cars, but dare I say retro fitting them to earlier cars runs the risk of looking a bit chavvy, like DRL's can do ....

I liked the look of them at first and I still like Losty's on the silver but LED style always look too lexus'y to me with all them Leds!

Gives you an Idea Dale!!
LED7.jpg

LED6.jpg

LED4.jpg

LED3.jpg

LED1.jpg

i love the last car, looks liek its sitting real nice, anymore pics of it?

I liked the look of them at first and I still like Losty's on the silver but LED style always look too lexus'y to me with all them Leds!
Thanks, Juss, I decided to roll mine back (within a few days)... I wouldn't mind having another look with the boot-lip in place, but I'm pretty sure I won't be keeping them... £75 wasted... bah!

LED7.jpg

Sorry but i think that looks nice. They look pretty OEM to me and not at all "Lexusy"

Wonder why they are all Saloons though?!:shrug:

Some Avants rears here, but they don't seem to look as good as the Saloons.

Red/Crystal or Red/Black are the only ones that dont scream "Chav" to me though - they just whisper it so I might get away with it!!

I must admit, after looking at them more they are startin to grow on me!
I wont be getting any tho, Im going to do what "filthyrich" did and full red the lamps!

just noriced you were asking about drls, you mean these?
DSCF0065.jpg
DSCF0092.jpg

i did them on my motor they look not bad, and i cna help you out if you want em

I quite like them (no spitting) and if i had a saloon i would probably get a set they would have to be red and darker topped thou or all tinted .

I don't think they're the worst lights I have seen. Not as good looking as the OEM lights mind you. One think I have never understood - why only make the braking and driving lights LED and leave both the indicators a reversing lights as filament bulbs? Why not make them all LED? Ah well...

ohhhh im soooooo in love with that 1sikA4 that juss put up! that wide arch kit is sooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy!

I don't think they're the worst lights I have seen. Not as good looking as the OEM lights mind you. One think I have never understood - why only make the braking and driving lights LED and leave both the indicators a reversing lights as filament bulbs? Why not make them all LED? Ah well...

The reason why the lights in the first post (and most of the others) only look partially "LED" is that they are just LED-style... i.e. they have the glass "pipe" lenses that LED's have, so they will look like LED's... but there's just a filament bulb behind all the lights. Some of those others might be genuine LED's, but the eBay advert was still an all-filament setup... which does get you around the issue of bulb-warnings...

I'm going to be selling mine: they're not LED style, but they are the clear-lensed versions and Hella , who make the Audi OEM ones... so there's no wiring, just a straight swap: I've had them in twice: once for a couple of days and again for an hour (for these photo's)... I think I prefer the OEM look....