00933 - Window Electrics Fault

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
During the cold weather during the past weeks my windows have been getting stuck due to the ice, because of this quite a few faults generated on VCDS.

Yesterday I cleared all faults, went for a short blast and scanned again. These faults still remained:

00933 - Electric Window Motor; Passenger Side (V148)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent

00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent

Put it into Ross-Wiki and it says:

Possible Symptoms

• Window Automatic Run not working
  • Pinch Protection limited
This isn't the case though... everything works as it should..

Tried to clear again, and it popped back up again. Is there anything else I should be looking at?

I had exactly the same codes and problems with freezing. Codes came up only on passenger's side and few weeks later the window motor said goodbye!

Someone else complained about those codes recently as well.

I'd be guessing that there is a leak somewhere and bearing in mind the weather we had in the past few weeks it's possible that water somehow gets into the winder motors and causes them to fail.

Just reset the windows manually by holding the window switch in the up position until closed, then in down until down, then up again all way, on all doors then clear faults, rain wont get into the door modules given location & insulation imho, its a very unlikely situation as the pcb is pretty much sealed aswell as the motor electrics, so cant see water being your issue, it could overall be the motor has been stressed as the ice has held the glass still & motor couldnt move, so has possibly had a build up of current & affected the internals, but both modules I would say not, try as said & also discon battery for 5 mins & then back on see if its just a module or 2 having a mare as such.

I was checking out a MK5 today & this had the exact same errors yours has, I cleared them on both rear windows & tested & they didnt come back, so its related to one touch auto system IMHO.

Fitted a replacement window motor today and everything works fine!
Took me about 20-30 minutes but I can use the window again! :yes:

TBH I cant see why that would have been neccessary atm, but if it works for you then no worries glad sorted.

Lol just wanted to have it working! :thumbsup:

OH sorry mate I confused you with the OP, apologies lol, just read again & yours actually went pop so yes wise move.

No worries!
Time to have a coffee? :laugh: