Child seat for an S4 cab - any suggestions?

providing nothing crops up work wise I will likely go on Friday to try and miss the crowds.

Hi, I have an new S4 cab and need a child seat for the occasional use when our 7 month old needs to come out in the car. Can anyone recommend one (possibly with isofix) - seen also the posts about not being able to kill the airbag on the S4 "as its not aimed at the family market", funny really, want a performance cab for w/e use with a family...buy something else!

As you will have seen its annoyed me a bit too. Stopped me buying an S4 cab to supplement my S4 Avant.

Try the Audi ISOFIX child seat for the back once your baby is a few months older but in the interim, Britax have just launched a rear facing ISOFIX seat and base for babies under about 12 months old. Can't get them to tell me whether it fits the S4 Avant though and the fit in the back of the cab will presumably be a bit tighter.

Thanks Andrew - I've actually shelled out £170 from Leics Audi for one of the isofix seats and whilst its very secure and does in fact clip tightly into the back seat I'm not so sure what its doing to my Nappa leather underneath....it also looks ugly! (can anyone retrim it in silk black nappa leather!!)
Pete. <font color="#666666"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>

I am sure that the colour of the ISOFIX seat will pale into insignificance compared to what your child will do to the car once they are a year or two older (sorry, based on empirical evidence!).

The ISOFIX seat does mess up the leather a bit - just never take it out.

Can u not fit the air bag de-act switch in the glove box and fit a rear facing seat like I've done ??

In their wisdom, Audi decided to delete the airbag switch in the S4 cab despite fitting it as standard to the rest of the A4 cab range. See my earlier thread about S4's 'not being family cars'.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure you can retro fit it coz it's only a supplementary loom for the glove box and 2 wires going down to the air bag control unit by the hand brake and coding the control unit. Do some mooching around if you like ???