I'm going to Jerez Motogp!!!!! Any tips?

Relaxitscool

Reaction score
As it says really. We're landing at Malaga at mid day on the 29th of April, driving to Rota near Jerez that day ready for the race weekend. Has anybody got any tips for nights out or the track. We have tickets for the start / finish grandstand. I'm not sure if that allows us to wonder around the track as well? We fly back from Jerez after the race at 21.00.

Regards

Rob

I was fortunate to get to one of the best races ever....Catalunya last year all 3 days of it!

Our stand was on the second last corner. The circuit had an outer fence (which allowed you to walk freely round the entire circuit) then an inner fence (which was to allow you access to a particular stand) but if you went to your seat and wante out, you were given a pass which allowed you back in. So if you wanted to walk all the way round, it wasnt a problem.

Obviously take your camera and I found a small set of binoculars was good to have.

Where we were seated, we could see the last 4-5 corners too, allbeit they were a bit away. We also froze a big bottle of watter the night before and took that along. They were charging €5 for a 300ml bottle of Fanta! We also made up some sandwiches as it is a very long day.

You tend to find only the official merchants sell clothing inside the circuit with a huge amount of stands outside.

Thanks for that. Where did you stay and what was the temp like that tie of year. We were thinking of spending the evening in Jerez itself for the Saturday evening in the hope the atmosphere would be good.

Regards

Rob

We were staying with relations in Sitges which was about 45-1hr away by train.

It was scorching! The temperature at the track that weekend was mid 30's. If your in the stand, you will probably have a roof.....so sun burn isnt going to be an issue, but keeping cool either way will.

The atmosphere should be good that night, although it will be a relatively early start if you want to go see the 125 and 250cc's before. They were great fun to watch, just cant believe how much speed they take through the corners.

enjoy.