Lowered my A3 for a TENNER!!!

Reaction score
Just a quick update!

Last night, me and my mate fitted lowering springs to the audi, and changed the front shocks to mk4 gti ones (even tho the stickers and codes were identical! but they had covered less miles then mine so i thought, why not?!)!
icon_scratch.png

Must say its alot nicer to drive now, feels much more planted on the road, and the springs arent too hard either! oh and the springs were a jamex (spelling) or gmax, something that sounds like that! lol

We measured the ride height before and after fitting them and its made a drop of around 45-50mm! not bad for a tenner!
icon_smile.gif

Cheers to daz for the use of his garage and tools! And the glass of cherry coke
icon_cheers.png

Car is desperado for a wash & wax!

Before
Audibefore.jpg

After
Audiafter.jpg

Were the springs brand new?

If so your looking at more of a drop once bedded in.

I fitted mine and i was frankly disapointed and thought that aint 45mm..

Then 2 weeks later, she was sitting down properly. :)

Nice. How long did it take you guys in total? A quick write up with the tools required will be nice :) I am thinking of doing the same with some SPAX springs and some less mileage OEM shocks I hv got

the springs were bought used, but had been off the car for about 6 months?

it took about 3 ish hours for us to do on a couple of jacks and 2 axle stands, could probably be done quicker on a propper ramp??

i would write it up but i didnt take any pics as they were not very good due to it being very dark :( But the only tools we had was a wrench set (mostly 16mm, 17mm, and 18mm sockets used), few spanners (not including myself!) a hammer (very important!) and WD-40 :)

The only trouble we had was trying to slacken the front top mounts, so we took the car down the road to a garage and they slackened them with an air-gun! :)

my mate had done the same to his mk4 golf gti and said the set-ups were identical! so i mostly followed what he was doing! lol