Getting VAGcom to work

gruf

Reaction score
can someone help.
i have installed the software that came with the cd and i have downloaded from ross tech as well, but when i try the test on the ross tech, it says port ok interface not found, and vag com software wont even open up. i have windows 7 and i have tried compatible mode with vista, sp1-2, and the same with xp.

Have you tried running the software as Administrator.

I have Windows 7 with Ebay sourced lead and VAG-COM Release 409-1 and the software works fine.

Also have you connected to the car interface? The software will say Interface Not Found if not connected.

Hope this helps,

Gareth

i have it connected to the interface, the plug in the rear ashtray.
i have administrator account but am not the main administrator will try that.
thanks

Forgot to mention,

I'm running mine in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility mode.

it just keeps saying incompatible application, im trying it in xp sp3

do you know what software i should download..such as..
bi com, uni com, hex can, dual k, vag iso.

What Vag-com software have you downloaded? I think later versions than VAG-COM Release 409-1 won't work with the B5, but I could be wrong.

I am only using the Free-ware version which only works limited options on the software, I only use the Select Control Module at the moment. I will be upgrading to a full license soon.

Hope you get it all sorted and working.

im using 409-1, could you give me a link to the freeware that works.
i have 409-1 on pc and it wont even open on pc, and it aint connected to the car.
Thanks

I run Windows 7 and the 409 version of the app. You do need to run the app as an Administrator.

Once the app runs, you need to install the USB/COM driver software, which can be downloaded from rosstech.

Make sure you right click, properties, compatability "run as administrator". I don't need any compatability options set. IF you need any more help, just ask

You need to right click the app on the desktop and mark run as administrator. For some reason we are seeing various levels of success from Win 7 machines and the earlier Vagcom. So i keep my Lappy in XP

Deffo can't run higher that 4.09 on a clone cable, in fact i tend to run 311 instead as 409 offers nothing more to us than 311.

I will eventually migrate to a Proper cable.

Ive run as admin Ive run as me, Ive even tried my birds tightest miniskirt on and run in that, guess what it was nice, but the programme still wont work, i haven't got to the part of plugging in car yet coz the software don't run on laptop.
where can i download another version, i no Ross tech but I'm not sure what version i need, theres so many, hex, can, and so on.

I use 409 in xp sp3 in admin mode on my windows 7 and used to do the same when it was vista only thing else i had to do to get it to work was select force dumb mode and click usb

it aint working, ive tried all of the above and it wont open up on my lappy, it says its installed

if it wont open up try removing and installing again something must be wrong with it .

Can I ask where the source app came from? did you download the 409 version direct from rosstech?

Sounds like there is something wrong with it, perhaps it's corrupt.

i got it on a cd with the lead, i also download it but ain't sure if i downloaded the right type or version.
i have removed and installed it so many times now that when i try installing the pc says NOT THAT OLD CHESTNUT