Aberdeen meet

I just have to mention on these roads if its sunny then we have to be aware of the bikes especially around braemar out to the spittle

Count me in guys.

Is this a guys only, or are 'other halves' coming along ?.

Better get enough miles on the new car before the meet. Be a shame to limit to 4k revs.

i was thinking just the lads for the first meet let us all get to know each other. Then as we arrange more meets and more activities then include other halves. If everyone would prefer to bring partners then no probs like

i was thinking just the lads for the first meet let us all get to know each other. Then as we arrange more meets and more activities then include other halves. If everyone would prefer to bring partners then no probs like

probably best suppose it gives everyone an ice breaker to whine about!

Aha! I was in Banchory yesterday and was at a cafe across the road from the car park with the Chinese... I'm going to assume this is the park chosen since the girlfriend says thats where the Saxos hang out? :)

That's the one mate, can't miss it, big car park bang in the middle. On a Sunday morn it'll not be busy. Local neds still tucking into their cheerios and watching the Hollyoaks omnibus at 11AM, so we'll be cool.

Looking forward to it! I'll be solo; pregnant wife, long car journey round twisty roads and plenty of car chat does not make for a fun Sunday afternoon in her eyes! Fair enough.

Hurry up Monday....

Last edited:
So am i but will be away by 5 as i have frankie boyle tickets for that night

As promised, here's a quick map of the meeting point from 11AM on Sunday April 4th. :ninja:

car-park.jpg

Wheres everyone from? Might be an idea to meet people along the way eg, dundee forfar arbroath people meet then head up.

good shout, im forfar so id be looking at joining the dueler from there could meet people at maccy'ds or the buisness park just off the carrigeway

From Forfar, fire across the Slug road from Stonehaven to right outside Banchory, great road. Can't miss it, just as you come down the hill towards Stonehaven, pass the speed camera and go under the railway bridge, then left at the signpost to Banchory. It's the 2nd signpost to Banchory. The 1st takes you into Stonehaven from the dual carriageway, traumatic.

on a side note i was up by the spittle tonight, couldnt see **** all though was dark and i need xenons!

Hi guys.

Who all is waiting on a mid-March delivery and have you heard anything about the status of your cars yet? Just that I contacted the Audi garage and they didn't seem to know much at all so I'm starting to get a bit nervous of a delay starting to appear...

Am I just jumping the gun a bit or should I keep on them (or am I just being neurotic?! :tocktock: lol.)?

Well I was told mid-March 2 Mondays ago when I called them, wasn't even on the boat at that point and then 2 days later, got a call from them to arrange pick up/delivery 1st March?! eh? I'd chill until the end of the week / start of next as it's bedlam up there with the new reg. The showroom and car park is all new cars and the salemen are all over the shop. If it's Aberdeen, call Donna (MacDonald I think) as she's the one in the know. It'll be cool. Only delays I've heard of is if you're ordering an exclusive colour like Suzuka, adds about 2 to 3 months! It'll be fine min. :icon_thumright:

Yeah, I spoke to Fraser the sales exec or whatever his title is...

Mine is just Ibis so hopefully there should be no delay! I'll give Donna a shout on Friday afternoon and see what the progress is. I can imagine it's pretty crazy there just now, but I'm still impatient and want to know where my car is! lol.

Thanks for the encouraging words - 'it'll be fine min'. Hope you're right so I can cruise on the 4th. On the up side, I already have my S3 brakes sitting at home!

Aye need to get it before the meet with enough time to fit the brakes. Im sure if they told you youd get it on a certain date and havent told you of any delays youll be fine

Well, after calling and speaking to Donna she has told me that my car is built and ready to be shipped over but it will be 4-5 weeks before it is actually availible for collection?! How crap is that?!

Surely they just tell you those kind of times to cover their backs and it won't actually take that long right? If it does then I'll miss the meet! :bye:

That's what I thought! Like I said, I hope it's just a timescale to cover their backs and it will actually be here in a fortnight...

hope you get it in time, would be nice to see it, my cars just booted me straight in the nuts again and set back me being able to afford my scirocco (changed my mind, again!) so it will just be the a3 thats comming along, im hunting for a rocco with the right spec suppose i have the time, on the other hand ill have a set of facelift s3 wheels for sale sooner or later which i could bring along to one of the following meets if this kicks off

Dan, it'll be cool. I called 2 or 3 (can't quite remember) Monday's ago and spoke to Donna. She said my S3 BE would be on the boat on the Friday or the following Tuesday as they ship twice a week and to expect it mid March. I then got a call back from Donna herself on the Wednesday to say that the car was here and that I could schedule the pick up on 1st March.

If you were told mid-March originally, then I'd say it'll be here. No worries. The mad 1st March rush is all but over.

Dan my car will be in aberdeen around the same time as yours. Got told mid-end of march delivery, unlike you I'm in no rush as my test is not till 29th april. Nitemare.

Last edited:
Nice to hear it Rico. I'll just stop moaning at you guys since it really won't help and you will just be sick of me before we ever meet! lol.

Gar - Shame that your test ain't until April, you need someone to break your car in for you? :idea: lol.
I think that if everything goes well we will have to arrange something for just after you pass your test so you can join, it's only fair.

Im pretty sure this will become a monthly occurance although ill only make a couple of them

That sounds like a great plan. It's nice that we live in (or near for some) a city where we can organise meets with nice roads and people don't have to fight for hours in traffic to get to the meeting point. Bonus.

Simon, where are you usually if not near Aberdeen?

Hey guys. Am thinking of coming to this meet on thr 4th if my work roster allows. Never been to one before. What do you guys and gals usually do? Pop bonnets and check out each others motors etc. Any driving involved?

I take it the map of Banchory is still the intended meeting place?

Cheers and hopefully see you there

Yeah, Banchory is still the meeting place as far as I know.

Mabye some bonnet popping as well as the drive out to Spittal of Glen Shee, so plenty of driving as well as plenty of photos hopefully!

Cool Dan. Well hopefully the roster gods ill look favourably upon me.

haha no popping bonnets for me, im ashamed lol though im sure we will al find something to havour about

It's looking good. The roster gods did me in but a kind colleague has done a shift swap. So all going well me and my B5 will see you guys in Banchory. I also have a Nikon SLR and kit so will bring that too.

Cheers for now

That sounds like a great plan. It's nice that we live in (or near for some) a city where we can organise meets with nice roads and people don't have to fight for hours in traffic to get to the meeting point. Bonus.

Simon, where are you usually if not near Aberdeen?

Dan i actually work in Kuwait month on month off and spend 3 months in dubai with the folks.