always check your oil

ash3435

flat out if in doubt
Reaction score
my brother has a 2002 yellow s3.over the last week its been making a high pitched noise on start up, but when warm stops.today he started it and the noise didnt stop, drove about a mile then no boost under acceleration.managed to get it down to my friends and did a few checks on the vag com but nothing.pulled the dip stick out and no oil in the engine.took the tip off and the turbine was like a spoon in a cup.blown turbo not good news but hopefully the blocks ok, as the turbos high up.were is the best place to get a new turbo,ive seen loads on ebay but im sure i read a thread saying there cheap china imports.can any1 help!!!!!!!!!!!!

CR Turbos or Turbo Dynamics might be able to rebuild it for you, it depends on the damage. Probably worth contacting them to see.

No oil check light or anything come on the dash?

Not a cheap one may pay to have a look on Ebay as K04's come up sometimes

My days! Same almost happened to me... I'd got out the routine of checking my oil, and randmoly whilst topping up the washer water I thought I'd give it a check and to my shock it was below minumum... NO FLIPPING WARNING LIGHT CAME ON EITHER! I shouldn't rely on that totally my bad, I got away with it no damage has been done. Taught me a lesson.