New A3 driver information display

Fries

Reaction score
Hi,
Recently taken delivery of 170bhp A3 sportback and wondered if there was anyway of "turning on" any of the features of the driver information display such as outside air temp etc. It is standard model.

It is a company car so can't go down the route of changing any components but just wondered if someone with the right software could improve on the apparent lack of driver aids.

Thanks

Is it the facelift model mate? Outside temp and other functions are only available from the DIS (Driver Information System) and it requires a lot of work to get it retrofitted

Yeah it's the facelift model, I was told by someone that the aircon uses an external temp sensor as art of it's function and that this could be turned on by using a Vagcom code??? To be honest it's the outside air temp I want really, I didn't even know you could buy a car these days without such basic safety equipment. Running an aftermarket thermometer is not something I want to do, the last time I did that was when I got a Breg Fiesta about 13 years ago!! ha.

I have the washer bottle sensor in there and a couple of other warning lights

I turned the temp display on via VAGCOM on my 56 plate standard - it was in adaption channels for the cluster - I'll try and find the old post...

Thanks, will have a word with local garage and see if this is something they can do.