Internal RNS-e pics required

d.j.evans

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a used RNS-e on eBay and typically the unit that was described as in mint condition and fully functional has a broken dvd drive. Strangely enough, the seller also forgot to send me the navigation disc. hmmmm

Anyway, I have taken the top off and found a little piece of plastic sitting on top of the broken drive. My guess is that the mechanics of the drive have broken and if I can find the home for this little piece of plastic I might get it to work again.

My problem is that I dont have a reference to compare the drive to.

If anybody could post some very close up shots of the rns-e internals, that would be great.

I take it you lodged a complain with Ebay, and are trying to get your money back?

If your drive is broken, then you will need to replace it. There are two members of www.audiforum.us who can help. send a PM to rabbit or haggiee, these two guys will sort you out with a replacment, and also send you a DVD.

Yeah, I'm trying for a refund but looking at worst case scenario. I f I am stuck with it, I would like to try and fix it rather than have wasted £400 on it.

Which seller did you buy it from ? I've had the exact same issue, and both units I got we're knackered. Luckly the replacement unit the seller sent out was cheaply fixable (just needed to replace the facia) the first one though was a drive fault and I sent it back as a new drive was too expensive.

Ebay didn't want to know. I raised a paypal claim but they just said send it back (again !) at my expense. The facia purchase was cheaper than sending it back.