2.0T engine coil pack issues?

whitelightning

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know or have experienced coil pack issues with the 2.0T engines?

I bought my 2006 2.0T from an Audi main dealer 10 days ago under the approved used car scheme. Coil pack 1 failed on Friday and coil pack 4 failed last night (Saturday). Coil pack 4 failed so badly it's melted and not sure what other damage has been caused. The car doesn't start after last night's incident. Phoned Audi to take the car back and thoroughly inspect it. Being a Sunday there's limited amounts to what they can do.

I know there were issues with the 1.8T and in some cases with the 2.0T in the US, with a recall.

Should I be worried about the general health of the car and possibly give it back to the dealer (for refund or exchange), or is this coil pack problem normal and all should be ok after replacement/inspection.

TIA.

ask them to replace all 4 coil packs i work for an audi garage and we allways advice all 4 are replaced as when 1 goes they all start to go a some point .

Mine went a few months ago now, same problem, one went, then another and it melted to bits and left the car not starting.. I got all 4 replaced and has been fine ever since. I did some google hunting and found that they normally only last about 70k a set - and are easy to replace.

I dont know why they are not on the service though?