HI all !.new to the A3 need advice!!

djdsadler

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just bought a 2.0 fsi sport(part exed my modded 1.8t golf), and was wanting some advice.
Firstly does anyone know what the standard bhp of the 2.0fsi is?, as i`m keen to tweak it(had the golf to about 215bhp).
Also i`m lookin for a mean lookin body kit,any suggestions as to where i can start lookin??.
Have had a bit of a look on this forum and i`m pretty jealous of some of your cars!!
Any help much appreciated.....Thanks Dan..

First of all congrats with your new A3!
I have just ordered a A3 sportback 2.0FSI sport myself two weeks ago and will have to wait for at least another 3 months before I get it. As far as tuning a 2.0FSI I'm afraid that there is probably not much you can do to get more BHP from the engine. The tweakable engines are usually the turbo ones. So it will not be as easy as a remap.

The standard fsi has about 147bhp. You might be able to get another 5 or 6 bhp out of it with a remap. There is no way that you will be able to get any significant power increase without bolting on a turbo charger or a supercharger.

So that then begs the question why would you want to put a mean looking body kit on a car that isn't going to have the performance to match. For a little more than cost of the body kit and a decent set of alloys you could upgrade to a 2.0TFSi which would have 50bhp more as standard and will probably give another 30bhp or more after tuning.

With the stratisfied fuel delivery I'm not sure whether there will be much tuning available at all. I guess someone will do it in time but the complexity of FSI won't make it easy.

Well, AMD claims to get 20bhp more with remap from 2,0FSI with A4. The A3 remap isn't available yet. At least AMD has good reputation, but I don't know more about the remap, haven't heard of anyone using it.

- Yak

Which company (german) is the one who has got the new 2.0Tfsi up to 240bhp already, anyone know?

Can't remember were I saw it now.

If you mean "Wetterauer" etc, I would take their claims with a bit of salt. They claim some very weird results for other motors also, and they claim to have chip for nearly every model ever made.

I don't buy it. And it would be weird if they already have a chip made, but no one else does. So let's wait until other known tuners make chips for 2,0TFSI.

- Yak