2.0 TDi cambelt change

pdv40

Reaction score
Is it an engine out job?

Mine's due any day now and I'm weighing up where to have it done.

TIA

Pete

On the same subject i have just been to Grimsby Audi and was quoted £349 which included belt change, tensioner kit and water pump. That seems a very good price.

Thats for a 2005 A3 2.0 TDI.

On the same subject i have just been to Grimsby Audi and was quoted £349 which included belt change, tensioner kit and water pump. That seems a very good price.

Thats for a 2005 A3 2.0 TDI.

Is that a metal blade pump or a plastic as factory fitted?

Yeah Audi dealers are doing good deals on this job, back street garages by me want 275-300 to do it so i'm taking mine to the dealer! I could con them out of a nice courtesy car then!

Also I would never put a a metal bladed water pump on because they were never changed to metal and the OEM replacement is still plastic. Reason being is that if a plastic one breaks, it wont do anything too serious but of a metal one breaks, it will cause a big dent in your wallet, not just in your engine!

Can anyone else confirm the £349 including water pump as an Audi price. I know £329 is on the Audi website, but it depends on the exact model and it doesn't say if this includes a water pump.

the water pump will cost extra. that price is just for belt and tensioner

I did my cambelt and water pump about a month ago, parts from euro car parts and my mate did fitting for £60. Total slightly over £150. Happy days :D

I did my cambelt and water pump about a month ago, parts from euro car parts and my mate did fitting for £60. Total slightly over £150. Happy days :D
I can top that matey, got all my parts inc. water pump for a tad over £130 and my Brother fitted it all for..................FREE!!!! :yahoo:

Just had mine done at Portsmouth Audi the grand total was £461 including a new water pump and coolant. Had a 2.0TDi A5 for the day and you do get two years warranty on the work if a main stealer does the work.

Also I would say to make sure that you have the water pump changed, I have been helping Steve_N out a local member with a 1.9TDi A4, his water pump has just failed, the cam belt was changed before he owned it and the water pump wasn't changed. So he is now having to have the pump change and the cam belt changed again.

Paul

Last edited:
IVC Leeds - independant VW-Audi centre - written quote £320 + VAT ( £376) includes 'replacing everything that is in contact with the timing belt'. Thought that was a good deal !:icon_thumright: