lowering springs

Not sure on 60mm but Eibach Sportlines and Weitec (55mm front 35mm rear) might be an option?

Dropping 60mm on standard shocks is going to give you HORRIBLE handling/driving characteristics dude...

I know this man!! Want my car low though and with buying first house i need cheap as chips job. When my mortgage is paid off in 35 years i'll treat myself to some decent coilovers....something to look forward to!!!!

as Geeman says also bear in mind your standard shocks wont last too long at all as not designed for that sort of ride height, so you will be shelling out for shocks as well pretty soon.

this is true save up i know cas look ***** standard height

The 1.8T I purchased last year had been lowered, they had used lowering springs on standard shocks. The shocks were absolutely fecked on the front, one side had no oil left and the other side was bent. There was no way it was going to pass an MOT. Don't know how long it took to put the shocks in that condition, but I would look for a cheep set of coilovers.

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about some coilovers on ebay.

I can get some coilovers for about £150 but i should imagine they'll last about 2 weeks before they disintergrate! I wanted some AP's, been told there the best of the cheap and there made by KW so thats a good plus point. Only thing is there near enough £400 which is alot when i'm supposed to be saving for the house!
The car sits quite nice anyway, i just crave a car thats right on the floor. I know there are bad points but there's no denying a real low car looks the dogs you know whats

Have to say I'm not a fan of the slammed look, it just looks all wrong...

picture.php

However that's just my opinion, if that floats yer boat go for it.

Last edited:
Come on... it's not the 'slammed look' that ruins this car... it's the gash wheels and horrible kit that really do it... this would look horrible even if it was standard ride-height!

So are you telling me if that was black with decent s4 kit and a set of LM's for instance it wouldn't look good.....you liar!!!!!!!!!