Anyone heard of scorpion exhausts?

Dansmith

Reaction score
as above... I've been offered a second hand one for peanuts and wondered if anyone has had any experience with them? If it knocked it would annoy the hell out of me!

I had one on my Golf VR6 and it was good....lifetime warranty

Sounds like it could be worth a box of beers then? I am a bit worried that someone took there car into my mates garage to put a standard exhaust back on cos it was too loud...Guess there is only one way to find out! can always put the standard one back on i suppose!

Sounds like it could be worth a box of beers then? I am a bit worried that someone took there car into my mates garage to put a standard exhaust back on cos it was too loud...Guess there is only one way to find out! can always put the standard one back on i suppose!

A box of beers? Bargain of the century IMO

very popular with the Mk2 golfs, my mate had one, sounded boomy but nice :)

I had one fitted to my Civic Sport it was very well made and sounded awesome when the VTEC kicked in, did give a little bit of boomy resonance when sat at motorway speeds, I rang up the suppliers who got me another back box and this got rid of the resonance. Only other thing I got with it were proflex exhaust hangars to replace the rubber ones as this was also recomended. But for a crate of beer you've got a bargain there and if you don't like it swap it back.

remember them from when i read max power all those years ago (before being able to drive) :)

I used to have a full scorpion system on an old mk2 ashtray gte, sounded nice, lifetime warranty, bit boomy on a long drive though.

yes they were regarded as the cheaper louder alternative to a nice magnex :)

If I remember correctly they are seriously loud. Cliosports with them were usually chav cars (bolt on back boxes to just make them sound fast).

Company is meant to be reputable though!

The sound may be questionable, but the quality is second to none.

I guess it depends what you're after...

Company is meant to be reputable though!
They are a local company to me, about 5 mile away, a place called codnor industrial estate, very nice premises and yes they do seem to have a good rep.
A bit random but the micron/magnex factory is about 5 mile away also in the other direction.

I went down the magnex route with my mk1 golf gti, scorpion exhausts were know to be loud back in the day but still a good quality exhaust, popular with E36 M3 lot as well.

Mate that car was the 2nd fasted car i've owned after my elise and I owned it when I was 21. I thought I was a bad *** :)

there should be no "thought" about it, R5GTT are bad *** to the core. barely see any on the roads now. i bet theyre a right handful, especially with their all or nothing power deliveries

remember those comedy twin loop dump valves?!!

i had a scorpion exhaust on my old UR quattro - sounded awesome - it was a loud exhaust but it suited the car

i had a full scorpion system on my mk2 jetta GTI and on 3 mk2 gtis. there lovley sounding. they systems i had were quiet when driving normal but loud as fk when you toe it!

also had a scorpion back box on my scoob when i first got it, but removed it as it was to quiet!

Just get it fitted if it's gonna cost you a few beers, then bang it on here in the classifieds if it's not your cuppa.

WIN-WIN

Its true...who wants a loud exhaust if i don't like it?? lets say £100 + postage lol

(i'm so glad its not what you know its who you know!)

funny this cos ive just done some business with Scorpion Exhausts in the corporate sense (looking after their employees) :)

na mate..... unfortunately haha.......

im the third party in the equation booooooooooo