Any body forgot what car you were driving??

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
AS ABOVE,

Borrowed my wifes car to day (newish astra) because i was carrying something hairy and smelly..(mothers dog) NOT ON MY LEATHER MATE
Goes down the slip road on the motorway and floor it ...(like you do) and realised i had 150+ horses missing...oops
a 7.5 tonner rapidly coming up my rear.. and i start sweating so does the dog...and start doing the whats up thing :whistle2:

Yep....driving the missus Zafira and wondered where sixth gear is :tocktock:

Driving my Mk2 Golf atm... 1.3ltr with 54hp.... the sudden realisation that 300 odd bhp and a mountain of torque has gone as I try and overtake a micra doing 28mph on the way to work...

<tuffty/>

oh how you dont make that mistake twice in the same drive..... just glad reverse isnt where sixth is

and yep Dave, i tried beasting an MG 1.6 0r 1.8 ZR the other day in the A3 1.8T and was only a few car lengths ahead..... proper reality check :)

battle of the mind doood, you could always go back to 17" Avus and nice OEM bushes :)

oh and another....driving a courtesy car A3 2.0 tdi sportback thing which when I broke sharply I nearly headbutted the windscreen/wheel!

I got that in my mate celica I put the foot down and had to wait about half an hour for any acceleration plus with having the turbo in the S3 im used to more low range torque!!!

I like jumping in my mums Peugeot 107 every now and then, if you've ever been in one you will know its like driving a tin can - no mod cons at all and 68bhp. Its great for going over speed bumps as its so light.

Every time i get in the S3 after driving this its like having just bought the car again ,really makes you appreciate the quality of the Audi. And obviously it feels like a rocket !

On a side note though, how comfy are normal cars, it felt like a rolls royce really smooth and quiet, and lapped up the bumps, ...

Driving my golf is what prompted me to get my exhaust sorted finally on the S3... just so nice driving without that constant drone.... reason why I bought an Audi in the first place :)

Prefer the ride on my S3 though... much more precise, better grip, more connected....

Driving the Golf is nice though and really enjoying not having to worry about where I park it or the potholes in the road... needs a bit more power though... feel a 1.4ltr 16v transplant coming ;P

<tuffty/>

Driving my golf is what prompted me to get my exhaust sorted finally on the S3... just so nice driving without that constant drone.... reason why I bought an Audi in the first place :)

Prefer the ride on my S3 though... much more precise, better grip, more connected....

Driving the Golf is nice though and really enjoying not having to worry about where I park it or the potholes in the road... needs a bit more power though... feel a 1.4ltr 16v transplant coming ;P

<tuffty/>

i must got my slight droning sorted :music:

Back when it snowed in Jan I was out with my dad when I went to drive up a hill and suddenly stopped and starting sliding backwords :faint:

Suddenly remembered I was in a FWD Volvo !

my two cars have windscreen wiper stalks and indicator stalks on opposite sides of the steering column, so have the risk of flicking on windscreen wipers when going round corners when jumping from car to car.

My GT-P also has brembo 6 pots, so the braking is quite a lot better than the S3

Drove an auto Saab 9000 for about a week, whe nI got in the A3 I almost stalled it at the end of the road and spent a minute looking for the electric window switches by the handbrake :ermm:

I get a bit confused when I go on the A41 from Bicester towards Oxford in the S3. I always think there's something wrong as the horizon does not immediately hurtle towrds me. I then realise I'm not on the bike... :)

Cheers,

Used to have a LHD G40, amount of times I would try and get in the wrong side and hit the door when attempting to change gear etc.

I did get a bit of a surprise the other day when I borrowed my mum's Freelander 2. Automatic headlights coming on when going through a forest, mirrors dipping themselves when you select reverse... madness I tell you.

Every day when I get to work...... I'd get to jobs a lot quicker in my car!. 1.7 derv Astra...pants!, although they do corner pretty well and keep their sumps when being thrown over speed bumps in estates :)

One problem is when you run out to the carpark with some keys to 'an astra' and get in the wrong one...wondering why it wont start when you put the key in it...face palm.

My mother in law has a Freelander 2. Quite impressed with it! Not too slow either.

Most people have 4x4's where i live - especially useful in winter months! No use having a lowered modified car around here!

My other car is a Discovery!