CAR MATS

GreenGoddess

Reaction score
Hi I so hope somebody can help me, ive got a 2000 reg A3 Quattro and i still have the original car mats however, the drivers side mat has 2 huge holes in it from wearing heels , so i ordered some new ones from Audi got them home and they didnt fit, looked at the sticker on them and it said 2002/2006, so i called Audi they then ordered me a second lot of mats, picked them up took them home and guess what....they dont fit!!!! looked at the sticker and they are 1996/1999, have just spoken to Audi and they were stumped, said they would ring their technical support team then call me back.

Just called me back to say sorry Audi dont do car mats for the A3 on a 2000 to 2001 reg WTF!!! any ideas what I can do to get some mats to fit???

Cheers
Vicki

I think that they're telling you porkies, I got some front mats for my A3 (2001) direct from TPS (who also supply to dealerships etc) without any difficulty. See if your local TPS or a different dealership cann assist you. I'll see if I can dig my old receipt out for you for my mats, maybe that will help them locate the right ones....

Sorry to hijack but does anyone know if tps sell the oem rubber floor mats for a 2001 s3? Cheers

Sorry to hijack but does anyone know if tps sell the oem rubber floor mats for a 2001 s3? Cheers

rubber mats? really?

rubber mats remind me of a rover metro for some reason :think:

i too will hijack this thread (why not?)
can you get mats with the s3 emblem stiched in, or the audi rings, anything other than plain mats, embroided not tacky vinyl stickers etc

Hi thanks for the Ebay link Welly but those mats showing wont fit my Audi dont know if it makes a difference cuz mine is a quattro? mine has the press stud fastners on them. And i Will give TPS a call see if i have any luck there thanks Imteyaz.

Cheers fellas!

i think my Ebay mats are better quality than the O/E ones. and about 30 quid cheaper!! £50 for 2 front mats!!! Audi really are having a laugh! lol

I would private mail a guy on here called Biggied, he is an audi tech and he was telling me the other day that audi rubber mats are available on special just now, sure he said it was £7 (yes, seven) for two front rubber mats.

According to my TPS receipt, my mats were £32.75 (£28.48 + FAT), part number: 8L2061225EB90G, purchased in August 2009.

I tried Ebay mats out at about £30 for a full set but they wore down very quickly, the holes where the mats clip to the studs on the carpet started to elongate and eventually the popper would stay attatched to the stud but the mat would be separated from the popper so would slide up under the pedals. I dumped the front mats and the genuine ones have worked well so far. There are no wear marks on the mats yet and they don't slide about and attach very securely.

There are different suppliers of possibly better quality mats on Fleabay, the ones I bought were rubbish. I still have the rear mats and now they have started to do the same thing too so a trip to TPS will have to be made to get the rears. In hindsight, I should have just bought all the genuine mats from the beginning, it would have worked out cheaper in the long run.

Cant see why the age of your car will mater, there was no major change to the front wells the quattro way be different to the FWD models. I replaced my front mats due to wear, the set that the audi dealer ordered me in 1st were not OE I didnt like them but they managed to order the original items which were hard to come by, this was 3 years ago. The clip design had changed thou, the new ones had a hole going all the way through where as my originals had a solid cover to the clip.

The clip design had changed thou, the new ones had a hole going all the way through where as my originals had a solid cover to the clip.

Yeah mine are the ones with the solid cover over them, the last lot of mats they gave me which are for the 1995/1999 model have the holes straight through but when i put them over the studs on the floor they dont line up with the front of the foot well, the front of the mat overlaps the foot rest at the side of the clutch pedal !!!! supose i could keep them and hack a chunk out off the front :-/

I have a set of rubber matts going that were in my 2002 S3 (same floor plan I'm sure??). Yours for free pickup or couple of quid posted. Just not to my tastes you see :)

I only used the drivers side mat, it fits but not aswell as the original, I think its to do with the postion of the clips rather than the cut of the mat, the mat is exactly the same as my original. I havnt checked but can you re postion the "poppers" in the well so the mat sits as it should?

Looking on vagcat the clips screw through the floor pan so no way of moving them, it might be that these have changed postion with later models

i too will hijack this thread (why not?)
can you get mats with the s3 emblem stiched in, or the audi rings, anything other than plain mats, embroided not tacky vinyl stickers etc

Would like too know this aswell i cant find anything reasonable.

Would like too know this aswell i cant find anything reasonable.

get Audi ones for 40 quid,the emblem ones are just so tacky and besides that they'd get dirty