Odd handling after tracking fix

latta1989

Reaction score
Noticed the inside treads of my 2 front tyres are almost gone after 4000 miles so audi agreed to sort tracking out under approved used. But now when I'm on the motorway I have noticed when I back off the car pulls to the left slightly and when put power back on it seems to pull right.
Car is 2.0tdi quattro if makes a difference.
Only seemed to happen once audi 'fixed' my tracking.
Any ideas?

Tyres may have worn unusually (did they fit new tyres or leave you with the old ones??)

That said, where did Audi get this tracking done? May be worth paying for a proper Beissbarth 4 wheel alignment if you plan keeping the car (will save you tyres and MPG in the long run, and improve handling and safety no end).

If the tyres are heavily worn unevenly THEN the tracking is sorted the worn tyres will now be trying to wear in a different way so the tyres will pull a bit. Ignore this if you got new tyres, but I would suggest that new tyres would fix this (is the steering wheel straight on dead-ahead?)

thanks for replies

well new tyres is another dilemma...they fitted 4 new ones when i bought the car now the front 2 are done so im trying to get two new ones out them cos its nothing to do with my driving, the outside tread has loads left.

so it maybe is beacuse of the tyres as the worn ones are still on.

they just did the tracking themselves in main dealers. they gave me a print out of the adjustments so i guess they must be able to do 4 wheel because of quattro?

and yes my steering wheel is straight on. i hold it straight let off power and it pulls left while wheel is still straight then power back on and it pulls right. its only very slightly but still noticeable.