911 (964) Carrera 4

T3RBO

6th Gear
Reaction score
Website
www.tt-forum.co.uk
A friend of mine is looking to buy a 1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 - seems an excellent car to me being 4 wheel drive, newer shape, abs etc and its 250 bhp as standard

Your thoughts and views welcome to help him decide

911 review

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

if it helps its a black coupe with full black leather interior, 138k with FSH, advertised at 15k

It's a very nice car... I'm a huge fan of porsche! But I personally prefer the 993!

G

[ QUOTE ]
RastaS4 said:
It's a very nice car... I'm a huge fan of porsche! But I personally prefer the 993!

G

[/ QUOTE ]

993 a bit out of his price range and he won't even consider a Boxter (he thinks it a bit girly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif)

Great cars but, try and get a late 1992 onwards as these had the revised engine which doesn't leak oil the way the first ones do!

Unfortunately most early cars start dripping oil at around 90K miles im affraid and although this doesnt do any harm (im talking about a couple of drops overnight) it drove me insane and finally to sell an otherwise much loved car!

Has your mate considered a LHD 993? He should be able to find one of these for good 964 money!

these are much much much better cars than the 964's IMO.