143or 120 tdi

ivor1

Reaction score
Hi guys this maybe sounds like a stupid question but how do you tell the difference between a 120 and 143 a4 if you dont have any avail documentation are there are nos on the engine bay etc to tell the difference? car is 2009

Take a look in the boot in the spare wheel well,there will be a sticker in there with loads of codes on and a KW rating this will tell you the BHP of the car

Should have mentioned that the car is an avant , where would the datat sticker be on this model ?

has a spare ok but when looking around in there there seems to be a liner material, battery, jack etc but no stickers, will give dealer a shout thanks anyway guys

Guys thanks for your help , i thought for a while i didint have a sticker in the boot , but got home tonight and took out some of the trim , and hey presto left side of wheel well bingo , but hey you wouldnt want to have to check it out in a hurry , and yes the car is 143 .

I'm pleased to hear that you have the 143. I also have a 143 Avant. I had a 120 on demo for a week. Far too slow in pulling away. Also tried the 170 but the difference between it and the 143 was hardly noticeable IMO and I thought it was not worth the extra cost. Enjoy!

Trebor

Thanks , i had a b7 170 which i really liked prior to the softwear change , but thought it was just a bit too thirsty , the new common rail engine is so quiet really well pleased with it.