Sidelights

5ean

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon all :sm4:

I'm after some nicer looking sidelights. The yellow standard things are rubbish and dont look right agains't the xenon lights. Anyone got pics and links of what they use? I've tried the LED things and they are also crap and look a bit chavvy if im honest (certainly the ones that were on the car when i got it were).

Any help would be appreciated :s3addict:

Im looking for some that dont look horrible when not on,
I fitted a pair this weekend that had 4 leds (2 per side) and they looked horrible when not on.

i got those to start off with and they throw errors. there now on my transit!

Damit, a freind recommended them to me looks like we need a sticky with error free side lights.

there a good company tho... i also have a hid kit from them. i also realised my sidelights are like the ones welly posted. the ones on my scooby were the ones i posted. ultra LEDs are brilllient company also, the LED festoons are good quality. very fast postage too.

Ive bought some amazing ones off ebay for £3, they have 1 led at the front, then 1 led on each side of the bulb, 5 in total, they completely light up the headlight even without the dipped beam on, well impressed with them.

Ive bought some amazing ones off ebay for £3, they have 1 led at the front, then 1 led on each side of the bulb, 5 in total, they completely light up the headlight even without the dipped beam on, well impressed with them.

were they from hong kong? seller name :clever_choose. if so they are legends.. i got the red ones for my footwels and there very very bright!
SDC11551.jpg

for 4 quid i ordered them anyways and will see what like they are... Pics would still be good to get a feel of what to expect!

Tried fitting them the other night and ended up breaking a clip on the headlight and very frustrated so stopped there before i broke something else.. Will get my mate to do them when the car goes in for its service next week or the week after.

Bumpty bump, ive got some new bulbs (philips blue vision) went to fit them but i got scared, on my mk5 golf to get the sidelights out you just pulled on the wires i tried this a few times with a fair amount of force but they arnt budging do they twist out or pull out as theres not very much room there? cheers

Bumpty bump, ive got some new bulbs (philips blue vision) went to fit them but i got scared, on my mk5 golf to get the sidelights out you just pulled on the wires i tried this a few times with a fair amount of force but they arnt budging do they twist out or pull out as theres not very much room there? cheers
side lights? they just pull out..

Yeah don't be scared they wont break. Sometimes twisting and pulling together works best. Not a lot of room back there though :(

Ahhh what a dissapointment, minor upgrade to the stock lights still manky though oh well need some LEDs me thinks just dont want bulb out error all the time.

Noticed one of my side lights has blown tonight, so want to revive this thread. Anyone got a good suggestion of a better/more white sidelight bulb/LED that doesn't trigger errors? Ebay links above are no longer active. Cheers.

These are what you want guys:

Polarg Hyper White Light Bulbs 194 Fitment JDM NEW! - eBay (item 290367877905 end time Jan-01-11 16:24:57 PST)

They are bulbs but they shine a nice bright white with a hint of blue, no yellow at all.
They match HIDs perfectly. As they are bulbs they dont give any warning lights, also my last set lasted over 18 months. LEDs always blow or start flickering and dont reflect very well in the headlight, they just can compare to these bulbs.

I had them in my A3 1.8T which I sold about 2 years ago on and they are still working fine in that.
I have them now in my A4T.

Try them out you wont be disappointed!

son of a *****, LED sidelights arrived and although they are error free they are extrmely blue at a guess i would say 8-10k definatly dont match the stock xenons

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg