Appreciating your audi !

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
I've had my A4 6 months now, and I love it! Prior to getting it, I used to do the 50 mile round trip to work and back in my '94 Golf 1.4. At first the additional power, smoothness, refinement and equipment (as well as kudos!) the A4 provided was heavenly, and I really appreciated it. But, as I'm sure is the same for everyone, within a couple of months you start to take it for granted and the novelty wears off, which is a shame! Not that I don't still love it, but that bit of excitement every time you get behind the wheel has faded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Today my A4 has gone in for its first ever MOT, and since we still have the Golf (missus uses it now) I drove it to work and ....

... WOW!! It certainly made me appreciate my Audi again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif I can't believe I used to do this journey 5 days a week in that thing!

While I appreciate (theres that word again) that not all of you would have had such a ... (trying not to be too rude about my old car) ... old, low-powered, low-equipped vehicle prior to your Audi, its a good tip to make you appreciate your car again!

Got my fingers crossed for the MOT result, awaiting the call! Not sure I can cope with being without it for another day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike

I drove a new golf for a few days- made me appreciate my older Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Driving my wife's '88 Jeep Cherokee 5sp makes me REALLY appreciate my new A4 Q 6sp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (which I've had for 2 days now).

Hi,

Had a new golf gt tdi from a dealer for a weekend last month to persuade me to buy, so glad i did not go for that instead got an ex demo A4 S-line for £2k less than a new golf, although a nice car the golf just a but bland and SO glad got the Audi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I have been an Audi Customer for over 6 years starting with my 1999 A4 1.8t Quattro. And I just went through a 2 month ordeal getting a new car. I looked at the Acura TSX (Honda Accord in Europe), Volvo S40, Audi A4 and the BMW 3-Series.

TSX BLAH!
S40 really fast but boring inside and loud
3-Series overpriced and snotty
A4 felt like home

I really appreciate the improvements Audi has made to the '05 car from the '99. I am very excited about my new 2005 1.8t 5-Speed and the differences between the character of the '05 and the '99 is amazing. I'm having fun driving around town!