A4 (B8) 2010 iPhone Bluetooth sync

stotty2

Reaction score
Just collected my new car A4 Avant S-line TDi, part ex'd my 2 year old A4 (B8) S-line Saloon.

I've had an iPhone 3GS for 6 months now and it worked fine in my previous A4 but in the new one its having trouble, it pairs OK and I can make calls but it will only sync Dialled numbers from the iPhone, I can't access the Phone book, missed calls or received calls, not sure what has changed between the 2 cars I've owned but it very frustrating.

My old A4 had Bluetooth phone prep Low complete with cradle (that I never used) my new A4 Avant had Phone prep as part of the standard spec if you buy an S-line before 30 June, there's no cradle mount or shark fin on the roof, could that make a difference?

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers
Andrew

Mine works fine! If you go into settings in the telephone menu and click on memory settings and then phone book used you can check whether the bluetooth sinks with your phones memory or the sim card or both. If all your numbers are saved to the sim card and the bluetooth is trying to access the phones menory (and vice versa) it won'r work. Of course this might not be your problem but worth a check

Neil

Thanks Neil, been back to the dealers today and initially it wouldn't work but then they tried to pair the bluetooth with another phone to check if it was working at all, this paired with no issues so I then tried my iPhone again and this time it connected & synced phone book, dialed, received & missed calls.

Still don't know what the issue was but its OK now, one thing I have noticed is that it now displays the phone book in surname, christian name rather than alphabetical by Christian name, my previous A4 B8 didn't do this but the dealers have told me that's how it does it now and it can't be changed??

Andrew

a little bit off topic - does the bluetooth allow for a A2DP connection from your ipod? Or do you have to plug it in to play music?

Andrew

i have iphone 3GS and also have the phone book issue my last phone SE C905 did it the other way round,it just takes a little getting used to.I will say that it is now easier the other way round once used to it

On the note of bluetooth and IPhone syncing, I only have my numbers stored on the phone, however when it connects to my bluetooth car kit, it duplicates all of my phonebook entries twice!
It displays each number for each person twice, (i.e Home, Work, etc) a bit frustrating when I have got quite a few number stored.
I have tried changing the options on the car phone and sim, phone only etc, all to no avail. Anyone any experience or resolve relating to this?

I had this duplicating problem when i first got my car with the old phone,you need to go into the settings in the cars mmi and make sure that it is only looking for the phone book on the sim card,i will have a look when i get chance a write down the steps to go through to get the correct options tagged for sim only.

press Phone.Setup,Then choose bottom option(cant remember what it is but brings up x4 options) this will then bring up x2 windows choose the bottom one again it will say sim,phone or sim&phone choose either sim or phone if both options are ticked it will use phonebook from both sim&phone and will duplicate

Hope this helps

I will have another look, but not sure I have got x4 options, I only have the basic bluetooth low prep and also don't have the full MMi system, only standard equipment, does this affect your advice?

I only have bluetooth prep low should work in this way,thats how i solved my problem with it anyway
press phone(MMI goes green)
then set up this should then show x4 options on screen choose bottom option then this will bring up x2 more options choose bottom option and this brings up sim,phone or phone&sim just tick either phone or sim

hey presto should be sorted