Mr.G vs Audi RS4

Mr.G

Reaction score
Just a few photo's of a recent detail on an RS4, I though't I'd share with AS.net. Time was of great importance with this car as I only had 2.5 days to achieve a full correction and therefore didn't have time to take as many pictures as I would have liked to. Sorry!

I rinsed the car thoroughly, with the obvious PW method, followed by a healthy dose of Snow foam via a PW lance, left to soak for around 5 mins. Rinsed off, hand washed using TBM explaining to the owner that this is the most important stage in keeping a cars finish pristine!

After the above, I continued to clay the car to remove the contaminants from the surface of the paint. Which left this........

Ali%20RS4%20048.JPG

It was like this all over. This happens to be the boot lid, which is a nice panel to get a clear flat shot of the condition of the paint as it was when it arrived!

Another...same panel.

Ali%20RS4%20049.JPG

The magic 50/50 shot. After one pass on the rotary using Menz PG.

Ali%20RS4%20050.JPG

Another....the boot lid had some paintwork done during the last 2 years, so was an easy panel as the clear coat wasn't as hard as OEM Audi GMBH.

Ali%20RS4%20051.JPG

Ali%20RS4%20052.JPG

Unfortunately for me this meant the rest of the car was going to be more difficult and a mixture of Menzerna products on an Orange Lake Country CSS pad!

So after the first pass on the whole boot lid it looked like this!

Ali%20RS4%20054.JPG

Ali%20RS4%20055.JPG

Flake pop starting to appear nicely here!

Ali%20RS4%20057.JPG

Happy with the results of being able to fully correct I decided to crack on.

Ali%20RS4%20059.JPG

Moving around to the rear door & quarter panel.....

Ali%20RS4%20069.JPG

Zoomed out some...

Ali%20RS4%20070.JPG

Rear door first pass....front door untouched!

Ali%20RS4%20071.JPG

While I was busy with the correction the owner got stuck into the tail pipes and getting that lovely shine back!

Ali%20RS4%20077.JPG

Ali%20RS4%20079.JPG

I'm sure you'll agree He did an excellent job!

Ali%20RS4%20082.JPG

I'd moved onto the bonnet some time after.....

Ali%20RS4%20087.JPG

The bonnet had also had recent paint, again within the last 24 months!

Swirl central here!

Ali%20RS4%20097.JPG

The same wing after the first PG pass!

Ali%20RS4%20100.JPG

And along the nearside door.....again first pass!

Ali%20RS4%20102.JPG

Some nice reflective paintwork coming back! \0/ :)

Ali%20RS4%20111.JPG

Corrected the lights while at the rear of the car!

Ali%20RS4%20116.JPG

Ali%20RS4%20117.JPG

Who's this stupid idiot! A sure way to making sure correction is achieved all over.....get down low as I've no ramps where I detail!

Ali%20RS4%20118.JPG

Ali%20RS4%20120.JPG

Ali%20RS4%20121.JPG

I love Mugello Blue.

Ali%20RS4%20125.JPG

Ali%20RS4%20126.JPG

Sadly the huge RS arches pick up some stone chips, but they are so nice and pictures just don't give you an idea of just how BIG they actually are!!!

IMG_0142.JPG

A lack of pictures here on in with not much time left.....I used some of the new Menz range to further enhance the finish achieved and was happy with the overall result on the car. I would have liked more time, maybe an extra day due to the size of the car as I felt a little rushed, and wanted to get an even better finish....but hey ho!

Sun popping out to say hello!

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

Limeprime lite stages!

IMG_0165.JPG

Pics are out of focus slightly as the DSLR wouldn't focus properly.....I need to use it more! lol.

IMG_0167.JPG

Then we noticed buzzing noises and looked up to find.....

IMG_0172.JPG

After the distraction I sealed the fresh corrected finish with FinishKare 1000p for a long lasting durable protective layer!

IMG_0174.JPG

In between the owner detailed the engine bay (and what a lovely bay it is, i'm sure you'll agree) with P21S which I'd not used but it gave a great finish.

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

Zoomed out...

IMG_0183.JPG

Again the sun decided to shine for a short while so out with the camera...

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

Lovely reflective shot. Still had Victoria Concourse wax to apply though.....

IMG_0220.JPG

After Vics....only the one (good) shot as it was getting late. After all the work was for the owner to be pleased, not my camera. I'm sure He will be along at some point to add to the pictures already shared!

IMG_0222.JPG

Thanks for reading. I had a lot of fun detailing this RS4, and I got to drive it afterwards which made my entire year so far. Dream car for me!!!

G

Last edited:
Wow what a great job you did, any pics of all the finished car, looks a great colour. Was in a bad way at the start! but like a mirror now, brill!

Last edited:
One of my favourite colours for this car, exceptional work that man!

Wow what a great job you did, any pics of all the finished car, looks a great colour. Was in a bad way at the start! but like a mirror now, brill!

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully I will be speaking with the owner soon and will see if he can provide some finished shots of the car.

Nice job Gav. Long time no see.......glad things are going well for you

Hiya....long time yea! How you doing? Will have to pop down very soon with my car to show you what's been done.

Top Job buddy, hat off to you! Bet that took some graft! Which menzerna polish did you refine with?

Thanks. Yea in total 2.5 days from start to finish. Which really as I've already said is not long enough for a car as big as this. I refined with Menz Power Finish P0203s and super finish PO106fa

G

Last edited:
Very nice work G.

The lower doors/sills are a complete PITA aren't they.. I'm currently mid-way round an enhancement job on an E-Class Mercedes; all majoy panel work done except the lowers and bumpers. Fail! *backbreaker, too!*

Keep it up.

Nice work mate, looks good, a great difference in the before and after pics, splendid reflective shots too!!