Porsche brembo

drtosha

Reaction score
Hi! May be you can help me understand, I want modify my brake system on my Audi S3 8L, i buy this adapters, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150437426832&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT and now don`t know what calipers i need =) What better - Boxster (2.5 & 2.7) Fronts - All Good (Need reversing though) 986.351.421 & 42, (sorry my english not very good, and google translate too =) Need reversing though - that`s meens after install porsche calipers, i can`t go back and install again my original calipers? Or 996 Carrera 2/4 Rears - 996.352.421 & 422 ... In Boxster (not S) calipers brake pads smaller than 312mm disc? Or Boxster S calipers have the same pads? I need change my brake lines after install porsche calipers? Have a nice day )

ps I apologize for my terrible english ...

dont get boxter-s rear or 993 rears.. you will have a very bad brake pedal and no gains only losses in braking

you have been warned

Hm ... 986.351.421 & 42 best choiсe for me?

I found this quote

Drew no need to get wet in this weather, 2.5 and 2.7 (986) Boxster calipers are dimensionally the same front and rear, they also share this caliper with the 996 Carrera rear. Boxster Calipers on 2.5's and 2.7's are a matt black anodised finish
The 986S (Boxster S) has the same setup as a 996 Carrera 2/4 Boxster S calipers are Red,..... 996 Calipers are Painted Gloss Black or Silver as an option.
Buyer beware boxster rears 986.352.421 & 422 are configured for a 20mm disc and you cannot physically get this caliper over the top of a 25mm wide VAG 312 Disc. The difference ison the pad pegs, they extend further out onthe rears to fit the thinner discs
In summary
Boxster (2.5 & 2.7) Fronts - All Good (Need reversing though)
Boxster (2.5 & 2.7) Rears - No Good for VAG
Boxster S & Carrera 2/4 Fronts (and also 996 Twin Turbo rears) - Good for VAG on custom 330mm discs - search Rays (aRd)'s posts
Boxster S rears - Good for VAG dont need reversing
996 Carrera 2/4 Rears - Good for VAG dont need reversing
The calipers that DO need reversing have larger pistons, some see these bigger pistons as a benefit for ultimate stopping power with racing pads on a track. For fast street the smaller pistoned calipers all give forehead against windscreen performance with an absolute solid pedal because smaller pistons need less pedal travel which is Hydraulics 101!

where are you from?

i think about changes my brakes also

you're not thinking about Leon OEM brembo? (Brembo 4, 5x100 etc)

lol =) Hello Solyarkin =) Hello from Russia Moscow =) Yellow Audi S3 ;)
find me vkontakte ) Антон Андрияшкин )

Last edited:
they do not mention at any point the piston sizes of these, which is what will give you very poor firm pedal and worse than std brakes if you choose them incorrectly

buyer beware

they do not mention at any point the piston sizes of these, which is what will give you very poor firm pedal and worse than std brakes if you choose them incorrectly

buyer beware

What correct size i need?
If i understand you
porsche boxster s rear calipper - Not good (poor pedal)
porsche boxster rear calipper (986.352.421 & 422) - good (normal pedal)
Porsche 986 Front calipers:996-351-425-11-OEM 996-351-426-11-OEM - good (nnormal pedal)

Or I can buy 100% copy of a AP Racing made in russia (~1200$)
3321.jpg

Or the last - Don`t modify anything, and use stock Audi S3 calipers?

Give me advice plz =)

Very usefull FAQ =) But there don`t write what porsche brembo`s better =) What pistons better for S3 bigger or smaller?
tnx again for FAQ
cheers