Fitted my gauges , with pics ! :-)

jimboA3

Reaction score
Finally got round to fitting these and getting pictures.
Took off the A pillar cover and fiberglassed two universal pod mounts on to it, then took it to wher i got my interior retrimmed and they did in in the same leather with a red stitch for me , it now houses a boost gauge and a voltmeter. Think it looks pretty cool especially with the TT style bezels round the face. Holding 1.4 bar of boost , getting spikes of 1.6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
What dya think ?
Dial1.jpg

Dial2.jpg

thats looks quality mate

Nice One. Did it cost you much in the end?

universal pod was free from a mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif gauges were free from Revs mag becuase of the feature, just the cost of the fibreglass and the leather that was all ! WINNER !:D

I quite like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .. Any chance of bigger pics though my tired old eyes are having trouble.

these are off my phone , will get some proper ones when my feature is done tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

no offence taken mate i built the car for me not anyone else ! If others like it , thats a bonus ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

looks good, get some better pics, how much does the fibre glass cost u?

IMHO it's rather nice, though I'd have oil temperature rather than volts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
bout 20 quid ! Cheers guys , wanted oil pressure but didnt fancy drilling the sump !

[/ QUOTE ]

No need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just tap into the oil feed line to the turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
bout 20 quid ! Cheers guys , wanted oil pressure but didnt fancy drilling the sump !

[/ QUOTE ]

No need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just tap into the oil feed line to the turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now i find out ! lol! always the way !

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Oh, BTW, holding 1.4 BAR! Thats real good! Must pull well all the way up.

I'm having probs with mine at the mo dropping off to 1Bar! from 1.4??!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the same with most chipped S3's, mine boosts to 1.45bar at about 3000rpm and then tails off to just under 1.1bar at 6500rpm

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
Rich, cant one of the boffins here program a PocketPC or a laptop running a converted VAGCOM program do it using the OBDII, hidden out of sight of course LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Programming is ALL it comes down to! Only problem is it would only work for DBW cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif others would need a dedicated eletronic gauge with output... Anyone know anything like this?

Rich

you wont need to do all that above.

i know of a sysem in development as we speak that will do it from OBD II

it can show real time anything he ecu sees.

Boost, Maf, battery voltage, temps etc revs the lot.

for anything that isnt supplied from the ECU there will be programable inputs and outputs etc..

possible uses for these extra inputs/outputs:

control Nos
control Water injection
Control IC misters
third party sensors for anyhting such as EGT or Air/fuel ratio etc or electronic boost gauge where the ecu doesnt allow logging

shift light etc etc. possibilities are endless.

bringing up an old thread, is there a OBD 11 system available yet?

I have a GReddy Intelligent Informeter, it was designed for use on Jap cars, but I have got it to work on my S3 with the Honda settings lol. Shows a lot of information on the move apart from Turbo boost, as Honda don't make Turbo cars(apart from the diesels anyway).

Well the A4/S4 has an oil temp gauge on the dash, so i wonder if it is there in the A3/S3...Anyone know what block it would be on vagcom?

Rich

RichA3Turbo said:
Well the A4/S4 has an oil temp gauge on the dash, so i wonder if it is there in the A3/S3...Anyone know what block it would be on vagcom?

Rich

It's not there.

There is an M10 bolt on the bit the oilfilter screws in to. Thats were most people fit an aftermarket oil temp sensor.

Tallpaul said:
It's not there.

There is an M10 bolt on the bit the oilfilter screws in to. Thats were most people fit an aftermarket oil temp sensor.

Tell me more paul, I'd be interested in an oil temp gauge fitted.

jonS3 said:
bringing up an old thread, is there a OBD 11 system available yet?

I dont think the tuner in question continued with their bespoke device,

However, the hardware people they were developing it with, do make devices of their own.

http://www.psi3.co.uk/

Tallpaul said:
It's not there.

You mean the turbo oil feed pipe?

Well thanks for that Paul - Now got my oil temp gauge wired in and working! I like nice simple jobs!