4 Wheel Drive, is it working???

I

imported_dpo

How can i tell that my 4 wheel drive is working i have a funny suspicion its not???
How can this be tested??

Cheers

Dan Orchard

Thats ****** hard in an S3 isnt it or do you mean if it wheel spins thats a sign that only the front are working?

grass (wet is better) is the easiest place to get all 4 wheels to spin.

in the S3 on the road its dam hard to get all 4 wheels spinning.

the point is being missed here... if you CAN spin the wheels on tarmac, then it aint working!

Yes i thought that was what Dicky was trying to say!!

Whats IHI Rich???

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:
Whats IHI Rich???

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG Turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich I see you have done some extensive mods, how much has it cost you to get 317BHP and whats it like with that performance?? 0-60 times etc???

Cost him about 5 grand..

I'm not sure hes done 0-60 yet .. or a 1/4 mile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thats a really good price for that power where do i go to get all that done at once?? Also whats the 0-60 on that now??

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:
Thats a really good price for that power where do i go to get all that done at once??

[/ QUOTE ]
Have a read of this. Most of the power comes from a new bigger turbo.. but he had to change a fair few other things as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:
Also whats the 0-60 on that now??

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
I'm not sure hes done 0-60 yet .. or a 1/4 mile

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
Cost him about 5 grand..

I'm not sure hes done 0-60 yet .. or a 1/4 mile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it without even speaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Times will come when i get the traction control setup tomorrow (hopefully!)

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I must have read it at least hundred times now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I must have read it at least hundred times now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
If you are going to do it, Don't tell us! When Richard was doing the conversion it felt like we were all going through it! You swear the car belonged to Audi-sport rather than Rich! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The suspense at the end was a killer! Waiting for the day when he could finaly pick it up from AmD was very traumatic! (SP?)

Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

richy, u MUST have at least a rough idea of the 0-60? i'm just curious to know. is it at least faster then a S3? (would have thought it is, almost 100bhp more)

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
richy, u MUST have at least a rough idea of the 0-60? i'm just curious to know. is it at least faster then a S3? (would have thought it is, almost 100bhp more)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i think i wrtoe this is another thread, im not sure.

Did a 0-60 run when i had a boost leak (a b*tch of a leak too!)... Taking is upto 3500rpm in first then shifting to 2nd upto 60, i did a 6.1 0-60... Thats alreay faster than an S3. If i were to be able to use the power in first, then i would be faster through second too as i would be in the power band already... Reckon its good for low 5's easy.

Rich

been in it and I confirm that it should be low 5's easy

thats wicked, u should get the S3 seats if u havent already got them

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
thats wicked, u should get the S3 seats if u havent already got them

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah not the S3 ones... too heavy! Going to go for some Sparco Torinos... Thought about proper bucket seats, but want the use of my rear seats still.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
I think I know what's going on under Rich's bonnet better than my own car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I think thats the same for everyone,i've seen more pictures of rich's car than i see my own car in the daylight.Look out the darkside is closing upon you.(meaning the pimps taking a good interest in your car rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif)

Dan, switch off the ESP (if you have it), and boot it in the wet. If the fronts spin and keep spinning, well it's not working. If all is working well, they may momentarily spin before the Haldex wakes up and shifts torque to the rear. It should then just take off. You don't need a mad clutch destroying start, just smart off the line.