REVO

will-i-a-m

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if anyone here knew how much i realistically have to expect in gains from getting a stage 1 REVO.

i will shortly have a 1.4 tfsi a3 (125bhp)

Thanks

Try the REVO website, but basically;-

getImage.asp

Whilst retaining the benefits of having a small engine Revo Technik Software adds that extra performance the engine needs. Giving an average power increase of 15bhp and 18ftlb between 2500rpm and 6000rpm the software brings the car to life and makes it feel very much like the 1.8TSi engine, very strong at the low end and throughout the midrange. Low end response is much sharper, the increases over the rev range give a smoother more eager power delivery than stock.

In reality exceptional performance from such an efficient low capacity engine.

http://revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=1208

Is it really only 15BHP ??? i have seen on a few sites who sell the REVO for my car state that i can around 40BHP and i was even told by my local REVO dealer with whom i was going to have it applied, that i will get around 60BHP ????

On a 2.0 maybe, but on a 1.4 I think you'd be good at 20-25bhp. It's not all about power, that will free the car up nicely! You'd notice a difference that's for sure! :yum:

If u decide on one mate, let me know as I need one soon, so I think we can get a group buy going

If they have one for the 1.6 TDI i will definitely go for it

ill be up a bit of revo action if we can get a group discount goin

me too! I just missed the april offer of £100 off so sitting on the fence right now but monies at the ready if we can get a group buy...

In case they don't see this thread, I've just sent a PM to Carl & Kev from Revo who regularly visit the forum to see what group buy they would consider. Looks like we've got at least 5 interested and with a bit of extra pushing I'm sure we'll get more... I'll reply back as soon as I hear anything...

Hope that helps,
Pete.

Thanks Pete!

There could be 7 so far possibly. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
Carl from Revo has come back to us quickly but confirmed no group buys are available direct from Revo. We'd need to approach a specific dealer to see if they would consider it - problem then is we're probably all over the country. From this thread most of us signing up for this are in the south(ish) so we could consider seeing if a tuner like AmD (based in Essex & Surrey) would consider a group buy? If the deal is worth it I'm happy to travel and could be a good meet for us all.

Any better suggestions?

Well, I have spoke to a mate of a mate, who owns a tuning garage (www.corten-miller.co.uk) This is a fair distance from us in London, but he might be able to do us a deal, he has emailed me and said he can do a Audi A3 like mine for £475, see below: As a one off price for 475, but if we have a group buy, i need all engine spec details of all the cars and he will tally up what he can do us all for....

I dont mind enquiring around Essex/Surrey way also, we might get a good deal, if not better, this was just something I would try as its through a mate...

This is what he come back to me with:

Good Morning Daniel,

We supply both REVO and superchips Bluefin software, Revo Technik is by far the best software for the 2.0FSI Turbo engine.

A Revo stage one conversion will take you to a genuine 250-260BHP and 280lbft of torque. Please find power graph attached of a previous 2.0FSIT we have mapped using REVO stage one. Any REVO conversions carried out by our selves will include full dealer level diagnostic checks, custom setup for your specific vehicle and fuel type and before and after power tests on our 4WD dyno dynamics rolling road.

By going for the REVO software you can also upgrade to stage 2 & 3. This involves adding hardware parts and can see up to 400BHP

The price for the conversion is £475.00 +VAT (Special price for Mr Ratcliffe)

If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

This is their reply to a group buy:

Hi Dan,

Yes we can sort out a group deal, If you send me over a list of all the cars (including engine type, spec, etc) interested I will send you the prices over. We can also Re-map virtually any vehicle on the planet, we don't just do REVO & Superchips.

Yes with the Revo software you can purchase a select box. This is a small handheld device which when inserted into the OBD2 socket will allow you to switch between stock & performance modes. We can also set it up for different octane fuel levels. The price for these is £149.00 +VAT.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Reactions: dexx913
I just emailed AMD Essex, as the place above may be a bit too far, so will let you all know what they come back with...

Good Work Dan!

Essex is obviously best for me, but if it means bringing down the price for a group discount I could do somehwere a bit further.

Cheers

Nick

This is from AMD in Essex: Seems like a good deal actually, especially if we go for the AMD mapping...

Thoughts please?

-----
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your enquiry ref your A3.

We can supply the REVO re-map for your car which is £499 + vat and the select switch is £49 + vat or you can have the select plus switch for £99 + vat. I would definitely choose REVO over Bluefin.

We could offer 10% off if there was more than one of you.

We also offer our own AmD re-map, which is £499.95 inc vat the AmD and REVO both give the same peak gains but ours is a smoother and more linear power delivery. If there was 4-5 of you that wanted our re-map I could do this for £300 each.

Hope this helps but if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Regards

Reactions: MpowerBulla
This is from AMD in Essex: Seems like a good deal actually, especially if we go for the AMD mapping...

Thoughts please?

-----
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your enquiry ref your A3.

We can supply the REVO re-map for your car which is £499 + vat and the select switch is £49 + vat or you can have the select plus switch for £99 + vat. I would definitely choose REVO over Bluefin.

We could offer 10% off if there was more than one of you.

We also offer our own AmD re-map, which is £499.95 inc vat the AmD and REVO both give the same peak gains but ours is a smoother and more linear power delivery. If there was 4-5 of you that wanted our re-map I could do this for £300 each.

Hope this helps but if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Regards

Good stuff, i'd be up for the Revo software with a select switch for £49 for an 8P S3 at 10% discount.

My calculations is that works out at ((499+49)x17.5% )-10% = £579.51..?

I assume this the AMD in Thurrock?

Count me in if thats the case.

Yep thats the one mate, Adderss:
Unit 6, Cliffside Trade Park
Motherwell Way
West Thurrock
Essex
RM20 3LE.

I got the same figure also :thumbsup:

Yep thats the one mate, Adderss:
Unit 6, Cliffside Trade Park
Motherwell Way
West Thurrock
Essex
RM20 3LE.

I got the same figure also :thumbsup:

Are you going for the same then Dan? If so then I guess if there are 2 of us then thats all we need for the Revo discount.

It does sound a good enough deal, but I have a few concerns that I want to check first before I give a 100% go ahead. When did you want to go ahead with it? asap?

It does sound a good enough deal, but I have a few concerns that I want to check first before I give a 100% go ahead. When did you want to go ahead with it? asap?

Ok, well if you dig anything up that I should know about, do let me know!

I'll look to do it before 11th June as i'm then away for a good few weekends on the trot. I can do weekdays though (work from home and all that). Do we both need to turn up at the same time?

That's what I'm slightly worried about, anybody know if this would kill anything?

I've done a bit of reading and the general opinion is that you are safe with a stage 1 map.
I did a bit more reading and then the opinion moved slightly towards problems after having the map.

Maybe a good excuse for starting the thread.... "Who has had problems after a stage 1 map?"

That's what I'm slightly worried about, anybody know if this would kill anything?

The clutch is the main thing that could potentially suffer, although this only tends to be a problem with the S3 (300BHP+) from what i've read on here.

I'm comfortable that in the years I've been on this forum i've never heard of Revo software causing any costly problems for people. In fact i've not heard of any of the remaps being the cause of a problem.

It probably becomes a different story when you start adding some major mods and upping the power and torque a huge amount more than the standard car, I would then expect that many components would require upgrading.

I've done a bit of reading and the general opinion is that you are safe with a stage 1 map.
I did a bit more reading and then the opinion moved slightly towards problems after having the map.

Maybe a good excuse for starting the thread.... "Who has had problems after a stage 1 map?"

There is a thread already from a couple of weeks back, it's got a poll too. Have a read on there it's quite useful.

Ok, well if you dig anything up that I should know about, do let me know!

I'll look to do it before 11th June as i'm then away for a good few weekends on the trot. I can do weekdays though (work from home and all that). Do we both need to turn up at the same time?

Mate I definately will not be able to do before 11th im afraid, as I work up town and only have weekends and im away this weekend.

Mine increases about £40

Im still awaiting Admiral to call me back with a price!! :detective2:

Mate I definately will not be able to do before 11th im afraid, as I work up town and only have weekends and im away this weekend.QUOTE]

Ok, well dont panic, i'm sure we'll work something out. Silly question, but do we have to turn up at the same time?

Cheers Dan,

I've just had my springs done too and Admiral charged me an extra £52 for Springs (<5cm) & Remap (11-25% power increase) together. I think a portion of the charge is a fixed admin fee so if you're planning several mods it's worth combining them into a single insurance update. I explained the remap wasn't being done for a couple of weeks and they were fine with that.

Dan, if you're going back to AmD I've got the same question as Nick about whether they want us all on the same day and also whether AmD Surrey can offer the same discount? Also, if they're happy to offer 10% off for 2 people is there any chance they could go to a 15% discount if we can get 10 signing up?

cheers,
Pete.