S3 Alarm Problem, but not the batteries!

silver_mase

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Alarm is playing up. I arm it, the LED's don’t flash immediately, then flash rapidly, then go to standard blink, (every second or so). I walk away and about an hour and a half later, BEEP BEEP BEEP (I don’t know why I put that in capitals (beep beep beep more like! ) I took it to my mate who works for VW, he plugged it in and it says Terminal 30 not present for 3 of the 4 last activations. His recons that terminal 30 is the permanent live to the alarm.

Any one knows anything about anything? Where would Terminal 30 be? Could it be a fuse in line with terminal 30?

Unfortunately my mate is now away for weekend and I am back to work Monday. (He thought the Alarm would be in the same place as Golf, so I took half my engine bay to bits to find it’s in the Boot )

Any help massively appreciated,

Ta

Silver_mase

Not sure myself bt I had a similar problem and turned out to be the Bonnet sensor that was faulty so the car kept thinking that the bonnet was open and trigerring the alarm.

Rather than make a new thread, im having the same problem i replaced the siren about 6 weeks ago as the old one was corroded, now it randomly goes off all the time sometimes it will be 3-4 times a day sometimes none at all. I have vag com that turns up no fault codes anyone have any ideas?

Guys this is doing my nut in its going off every half an hour i dont want to leave it unlocked but its looking that way.