Splitting Headlights?

toathus

Reaction score
IS it possible to seperate the lense from the facelift headlights? I recently bought a A3 1.8T but one of the covers is missing from the back of the passenger side headlight unit - basically the bulb holders are exposed. This has caused a layer of grime to build up on the inside of the lense and around the light clusters.

I've tried removing the headlight and using water to try and lift some of the grime away but most of it has remained leaving the headlights looking very hazy. I need to actually get to it and clean it!

Any tips?

Thanks

u can use a hair dryer or heat gun gently round the edge or you can pop them into a warm oven for about 5 mins, ther is a single screw at the back by the indicator, remove that, heat them up, use a wide blade like a paint scrape and slowly peel them apart, the glue will be able to heated and again u can stick them back together again by heating them, real easy job tbh.

dont think you can, but u cud get some megs plastic-x and give them a good clean up, did that to mine when they came as wer full of dirt and some of the chrome had peeled off so painted the chrome parts and polished the lense, look good as new

this dudes missing the lense tho or have i been dyslexic again?

EDIT: ahhhh yes i was dyslexic... as mike said then, i done the same thing on my scoob to spray them black inside. :)