B5 1.8T Lowered 30mm

cossie

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone got a pic they could post of a B5 sport 1.8t with standard alloys thats been lowered 30mm? Just impatient to know how mines will look next week! Thanks.

Original sport springs are shot so picked up a set of Ventura Sport -30mm springs brand new in box for £30 off ebay. Quite the bargain i think as the research i've done into these shows they are rebranded bilstein springs. However if anyone knows different let me know. I'm not too worried about just fitting lowered spings as the car didn't cost much and i want to spend as little as possible on it.

want to refresh mine but on a budget and seen a JOM kit for about £200 or koni for £300

You can get Raceland coilovers on ebay for £179 and theres also another brand of coilovers(cant remember the name but they advertise regularly on ebay) for £139 with free delivery! I was going to get 1 of these until i saw the springs i ended up with. Dont think the £139 coilovers are on ebay right now but they do relist every other week or so. Might be worth a punt if your after something cheap.

just want a new set of shocks and springs as i'd never adjust or drive hard enough to warrant the coilovers and setting up reguired to get the best out of them

MIne on stock rims with Sport dampers and Eibach 30mm springs. The sport kit already sits 20mm lower so it only dropped the car about 10mm :(

Trackready.jpg

Was worried it wouldn't look much different from standard and your pic seems to confirm this. Should reduce body roll slightly though i hope.

Does reduce body roll on the road and to be fair it did tighten the chassis up. After a day at Bedfrod Autodrome though it showed how completely inadequate the set up was for pressing on. Mind you, still managed to push a Golf R32 round the track, don't think he was happy at having to move over for me to pass.

Nice 1! Do you have any more pics from side on? Cant pick my car up till Thursday due to work and its doing my nut knowing that its sitting there ready!

Thanks mate. I'll post some pics when i get mine back.

As above, how do i add a photo thats stored in my photos if i don't know the url???

Not sure mate, but all you need to do is go to photobucket, upload the pics, copy the direct link from the info bar and paste that link on the pic icon above (little tree in it). Hit return and voila!