Styling Do's and Dont's

Just do what you think is right and if your happy then go for it! Akash blacklash thinks I shoudn't have RS4 buckets in mine because its a 2.0TDI, do you think I really give a rats *** what he thinks? I'm goin purple wheels and purple leather, lots wont like, lots will. All that matters is that you are 100% happy with your car and what your doing, if your not, then thats poop.

Purple nail varnish?

Just do what you think is right and if your happy then go for it! Akash blacklash thinks I shoudn't have RS4 buckets in mine because its a 2.0TDI, do you think I really give a rats *** what he thinks? I'm goin purple wheels and purple leather, lots wont like, lots will. All that matters is that you are 100% happy with your car and what your doing, if your not, then thats poop.

x2

There is a fair old list of do's and dont's here, imagine if an alien landed on planet earth, bought an A3 and used this thread to mod his car, what on earth would it end up looking like!! Haha.

*Pictorial replies encouraged*

nath, your talkin pure sense... re; Akash so does that mean if a set of buckets come from say an R8 i shouldnt have them as they are from a 4.2 V8??? :huh:

ah this thread reminds me of my old honda prelude days. would often see the odd prelude badged up as a type-r at shows - but there was never such a car made!!

Paul I don't think many of us are willing to rat looks our A3's.....

189__scaled_600.jpgp
189__scaled_600.jpg

Do.

S3 lowered with 19"s = DO ! !
thats all you will ever need....................

Buckets in an A3 = DO (and that includes TDIs, well said N8)

tbh, i think buckets is the most desirable, highly rated mod you can do to any A3/S3. if i saw someone with a 1.6 who had buckets i would take my hat off to them!!

Yep, you just reminded me to order a Bedford Autodrome one too :rock:

M3 style wing mirrors... dont... unless you have already started cello taping unsprayed star wars style bumpers on, or prefer that "P" reg look, then you might as well....

Spray Pink = Do... may look a spot iffy if your a bloke, but second hand values are strong and you wont see many others about ;)

^ seconded, pic up the balls and do the conversion, but no snatching facelift lights from me i still need a set :(

:think:
153966-1483512.jpg

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "big grille".

I know this is someones car but to me its a *DONT* and never do

Sarah's A3 your style is strong but i also reckon black calipers *DO* & maybe even rusting looking like been stored on the titanic,or caught tin worm from been parked at the side of a lancia look also works until i can be assed to paint them works

Sarah's A3 your style is strong but i also reckon black calipers *DO* & maybe even rusting looking like been stored on the titanic,or caught tin worm from been parked at the side of a lancia look also works until i can be assed to paint them works

You are right, Black calipers = DO

Rust calipers = Lazy! lol so DONT...get them done!

'Sponsor' stickers from companies that dont support/sponsor/endorse you in any way whatsoever. Eg Sparco, Nos, Brembo etc...

DONT!!!

REPS = DONT? Who on here is gonna buy buy me the real alloys @ £330 a corner? WHOM I SAY!

Bottom line is.. if you like it, do what you want. But you may get **** for it from other people who don't like it!

Mods come in different classes IMO. Chav, and preference. Porsche/Bentley/Lambo wheels arent everyones taste so there will be haters, but they arent chavy in all cases, just happen to be from another car rather than aftermarket alloys. Mods like neons/m3 mirrors/lexus lights/lambo doors have been established as chav mods these days.