"Upgrading" my Audi A3 2001 (51)

Dobster

Dobby
Reaction score
I have recently been thinking about changing a few aspects to my beloved Audi A3 1.8T Sport and was needing some advice from fellow Audi owners or anyone who has delved into the magic of customs.

My question is this: For the model of my car, is it possible to fit/install any of the new Audi A3 body work, also one of the big things i need advice on guys and girls is, can i change the headlights i have in my Audi for those of a newer breed (2003>onwards)? i just love the little diamond lights! a must have in my book.

Any help/advice will be very much appreciated guys.

Thanks for your time and patience with my inexperience :p

Dobster.

afraid not....the new one is a totally different shape.... everything can generally be made to fit, just depends on how much you wana spend though....that said a general rule is that 8P chassis A3's should remain 8P and 8L's should remain 8L's..the 2 never normally mix!

Agree with Animal, the 2 dont normally mix, there are a couple of 8L A3s that have been done, they look ok, but the amount of time and money that goes into it, will make you think is it worth, you might as well save and get yourself an S3, as for the 'diamond' lights, i presume you mean the LEDs on the headlights, again, if they are fitted to the car as standard, they look ok, if not and they are aftermarket, give it a miss as you will just end up in the Chav section, all that in mind, it is your car, time and money, so feel free to do what you like :)

thanks for your replies guys. yeah your right about the 8P chassis becoming cheaper, may have to just save up that bit more money and upgrade to an S3. Btw how much extra bhp/tq do you get from remapping a standard S3? also are the LED's an extra or standard fit?

S3's in 8L format dont have LED's at all and you should expect roughly 270bhp from it mapped (although dont put too much emphasis on figures)...... 8P S3's do have LED's, the later ones but your gonna be talking 25k plus to get yaself in one of those