Turn Signal Problem

wascal

Reaction score
So what happens to the Swedish cow - will she get sued for damages?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if she can, she has never actually named him has she??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if she can, she has never actually named him has she??

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, she's done the right thing in this whole sorry affair...

"And here's a law suit I prepared earlier"

Weird thing tonight. I am at work right now and I was heading out to go pick up something to eat when coming to the first stop light I turned on my left blinker and within a second or two it just turned off. The signal lever was still pushed down all the way and had not popped back up. I tried it with the right side and it was doing the same thing. As I drove I tried them on and off and it seemed pretty random but still common (enough to [censored] me off) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif Has anyone had any problem like this or know what it could be? Hazards work fine and do not turn off, all lights are working.

Probably they went into the fusebox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Honestly, it might be the problem (bad fuse). Or it might be that a light bulb on one of the blinkers is defecting.

G

I did some searching around audi world and found that some people with a similar (not exactly the same) problem changed a relay which would describe the "black box." Funny thing is.. on my way to work today it worked fine the whole way. Maybe its just slowly on its way out.

I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by a dodgy relay which is part of the hazard switch, which odly enough looks a bit like a black box when removed.

Anyone have any ideas how much this part costs? My turn signals are now pretty much not working at all. As soon as I flip the signal they flash once then turn off. My hazards work fine which makes me wonder since you say the relay is the same for the hazard switch. Anyone have any more information on this turn signal problem? TIA

If it is a relay switch it is not expensive little black box with three prongs and wont take long to fit either

hi, yes most indicater faults that affect n/s + o/s can be traced to a fault in the hazard system, it sounds like a relay rather than a dodgy hazard switch, shouldn`t break the bank either! if you go to AMD they will probably want chassis no, colour of socks etc, so be prepared.

Ok, so i had the same problems as ManchS3ter... My turn signals would double flash every so often then one day the turn signals would not come on at all. My emergency flashers worked fine still though. So i took my car to the stealers and they charged me $87 USD to replace my hazard switch. It blows but I guess I had to do it... It just seems like more than one of us are having the same problem. I wonder how many it takes for them to have a recall and replace it for free though. Also the signal flashes a bit quicker adn the sound is kind of annoying now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

quote:Thanks guys. Dave: What is AMD's website? Im a computer nerd so when I see AMD I think chips... haha.
I think i must have had chips on my mind aswell, what i meant to say was main dealer, apologies if i confused anyone.