whats the length of the bodywork warranty?

I have heard it used as a get out clause from some dealers.

They "alledgedly" say they check paint thickness and corrossion as part of the service.........:ohmy:

Obv other peoples experiences vary !

do they eck.

How hard is it to make a car that doesnt rust these days, the cause of rust on the roof rails doesnt have anything to do with paint thickness, its poor factory prep etc.

My claim has been rejected after being messed about by Worthing Audi as my car doesn't have FSH. I don't see how they can reject a warranty claim because of lack of FSH, just a sneaky little trick by Audi.

My claim has been rejected after being messed about by Worthing Audi as my car doesn't have FSH. I don't see how they can reject a warranty claim because of lack of FSH, just a sneaky little trick by Audi.

they cannot mate go elsewhere or question it

they cannot mate go elsewhere or question it
The problem is that the first dealer I went to said the door (which was showing rust on the bottom) had been re-sprayed. The thing is that I think the front wing next to the door has been re-sprayed, and not by Audi so I don't know whether or not this has an impact on the claim either. Worthing Audi didn't notice that the wing had work done on it at some point, but merely rejected it on the FSH basis. Not sure if I have a leg to stand on, really.

thanks fellas. i did a load of digging this morning, turns out its 12 years (could get some new wheels too)

as far as i can tell FSH doesnt matter. im on 148k, suprised theres no limit on mileage too

ill let you know how i get on. im on good terms with my vw dealer

Have you got any evidence to support the FSH doesn't matter thing because Worthing Audi have rejected my claim on that basis.

Body protection warranty

All current Volkswagen vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against through corrosion for 12 years from the date of first registration (6 years for the Sharan models).

The only preconditions are:
  • The defect must be reported to a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network as soon as it is discovered and within the warranty period.
  • The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance or by external rusting.
  • A member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network must be advised about any rusting as soon as it is found.
  • All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer's specification and procedures, using only approved parts and materials, so the original level of anti-corrosion protection is maintained.
from the vw website

Thanks Matt82, still trying to fight the dealer. Seems they don't care about me really 'cos I'm not 45 years old and about to buy an S4 off 'em.