Flex XC3401 DA Polisher.

fgaffney

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading my Kestrel DAS-6 and was wondering if any forum members had experience of the Flex XC3401 VRG Positive Drive machine?

There's seems to be a limited list of UK suppliers with the cheapest price I can find being £375.00 however I can source one from a German E-bay merchant for approximately £276.00 incl delivery which is tempting.

If anyone has used one I'd be keen to hear how it compares to the PC/UDM/G220 as well as a rotary machine?

Would the upgrade be worthwhile or would I be better sticking with the Kestrel until I learn how to properly use a rotary?

Thanks in advance.

Do you like to switch between full size and spot pads when working? If so, double check the machine specification carefully, as last time I checked the backing plate isn't interchangeable on Flex machines, meaning you can't use spot pads with it. We were seriously looking at stocking it a year or so back, but this issue killed the idea for us. :sm4:

Do you like to switch between full size and spot pads when working? If so, double check the machine specification carefully, as last time I checked the backing plate isn't interchangeable on Flex machines, meaning you can't use spot pads with it. We were seriously looking at stocking it a year or so back, but this issue killed the idea for us. :sm4:

Yeah I did note that the gear mechanism formed part of the backing plate however 3m have now launched a conversion kit to address this shortcoming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNHtWgU2eqI

Well found, hadn't seen that - looks like a good solution to a major shortcoming, although there is still plate overlap on the smallest pads he uses. Just pick your pad sizes with care and you'll be fine. :sm4: