genuine audi front brake pads

yendall24

Reaction score
hi all . can anybody tell me if there is a wrong way to fit genuine audi front brake pads . ever since i have fitted mine i get a click every time a apply the brakes now i have been told that the inner pads ie the ones with the spring that sits in the piston as a direction arrow on them and they are side specific ie the spring is slightly off centre therfore allowing the pad foot where it sits in the carrier to sit slightly higher to eliminate the click . any advice would be much appreciated ps the car is a 2004 1.9tdi with ATE calipers

Your correct the inner pads have a direction arrow. Check that they point to the the front of the car on each side

well i took my brakes apart today and sure enough as sods law would have it i fitted them the wrong way there is indeed direction arrows swopped them round and the click as gone .happy days

Pads arrows always go wheel rotation as theres no other way you can fit them wrong unless you are a bit daft and fit them brake surface out (which i have seen ).

Are they sided on a o9 plate a3 mine have been squeaking since I changed pads

most of the ATE caliper stuff has sided inner pads with the arrow markings.